🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: payment method failing
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
junaid_jahan
Community Member

Hi.

I'm from Pakistan and I try to add billing method today to buy some connects but it is showing that "Your card number is invalid please update card" but my mastercard number was correct and there was no issue from bank side or card number.

Kindly assist me on this issue.

Hi Junaid, 

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with purchasing Connects. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fa9bc814
Community Member

I checked my bank account and it says 10$ were debited by Upwok, but my upwork account says they were not able to verify my card and to contact customer support. I tried with 2 different cards and both were charged 10$. Is this an error or should I wait?

Hi Josue,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d4ccb7c4
Community Member

Hello, am a regular client on upwork and recently I have been unable to process my payments as this message keeps appearing. "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."  

I don't know where the problem is because I have been using the same card for my billings and my card is fully loaded with cash. Kindly help me out.

Hi Rhodah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket shortly and assist you further with this. You can access your tickets on this Link, if you need further help from me let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

okay. thank you Goran

I have exactly the same problem. Cannot hire freelancers for some days because of this. please assist me on this at your earliest convenience
thanks

Hi Emilya, 

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey there im also experiencing the same problem. please help me fix this.

Hi Rae,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
b50aebe3
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing the same issue since two days. Not able to pay with any of my cards.

A quick help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Priya

Hi Priyadarsini,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem.  Payment method that I've been using for years has been disabled, payment failed. 

"Get Help" button on the upwork support page does not work. 

Eiga

Hi Eiga,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I'm having this same problem and I need to hire someone ASAP, how do I go about this?

Hi Esther,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I had updated the debit card, credit card but still not verified yet. I need to pay to my freelancers its urgent. Please try to verify it soon so that I can pay them. Upwork has charged 10$ on my credit card, so try to verify it soon and reply me. Thank you.. 

Hi Chendheesh,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
74da3394
Community Member

Hi. I successfully added a credit card to my billing method but when I tried to pay escrow when hiring, it said “You don't have a valid billing method on file..”. So when I tried to input card info again, it said “You already have this payment method on file..”. And in the billing method, it says “Charge failed”. Can you please look into the matter for me?

Hi Muhammad,

It seems that you are currently in a chat with our support ticket for the problem you are having with your billing method. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b8cf2dc5
Community Member

I tried registrmeing a new card but when I try to pay using that card with paypal it keep telling me that the card is not verified. Why is that?

It also tells me that I do not have a valid payment method on file whe I did change it or add additional methods of payment.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marvin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to set up my paypal as my main billing method here on upwork. I cant seem to find the option the settings, I can only see add card. Can anyone help me? I got a verified paypal account.

Hi Dianne,

If you don't see the option to add PayPal, that means it's not supported for your country. You can consider adding a card as that option is available to you. For more information, please contact PayPal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I face the same isuue of verification of my card, can you please explain the reason of this problem and how we can solve it? it is not easy to approch the support via the website

Hi Mine,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

When I go to 'Billing & Payments' and press 'Add Method' I only have the option to add a payment card. I would like to add my paypal account to make payments. how do I do this ?

Hi Viktoras,

If the option is not visible on your end this means that the option is not available for your location. To learn more about our billing methods check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Is there a list of what regions are available for paypal with upwork?

Hi Viktoras,

Thanks for following up. You need to check with PayPal for more information about that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

But If i have no option to add it on upwork, isnt this an upwork issue and not paypal?

Hi there:

Please, is payment by PayPal available for Nigerians? I can’t find the option to choose PayPal as my billing method.

Regards,

Samuel

Hi Agbolade,

The availability of payment methods varies depending on your location. If this option is not on the list when you check, then this option is not available in your location. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

have you solved this already?

sardor2697
Community Member

Hi there, I need a help, I am a new client on outwork, today I was going to post a job and hiring a freelancer, during that time, this platform asked me to give billing method and I gave my credit card info then quickly platform took 10$ from my card. the problem here, I wrote different amount on the amount1 and amount2 without seeing my coming massage. I should have written 1.31 and 8.69 to them and now I can't verify my billing method, I need a help, please someone tell me the right way...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sardor,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9d4da028
Community Member

Hello when i hire someone freelancer, i got the message on the top screen You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer. I dont know what is the main problem. please someone help me to resolve my problem. Thanks

Hi there,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
56308e7e
Community Member

I have attempted verification 3 times and I am now blocked. I need assistance in approving my payment method.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths