🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Charge Failed in billing method
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018

Hi Brendon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2edf9470
Community Member

I am trying to add my Debit card as a billing method. After entering the information it says to verify the card by entering the two amounts which are charged for verification. I enter three times correctly(correctly means I had checked two to three times when I was entering the amounts). But I said all time that I am entering the wrong amounts. Now It holds my billing method. Please resolve it.

Hi Aseem, 

I am sorry to hear about this. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your credit card. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
36c5a626
Community Member

I've uploaded a credit and debit card and it;s giving me an error when I try to pay. I can then see the charge failed message against both cards. Please assist.

Thanks

Hi Ali,

I checked and it seems that you already added another billing method and used it to fund escrow. Could you please let us know if you still need help with the charge failed message?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
42c9a5d1
Community Member

I am unable to return to the webpage that has the two slots to verify my credit card. I need to pay a vendor and am unable to do so. Can someone help me verify ?

Justin

Hi Justin,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had while trying to verify your billing method. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
nsteph17
Community Member

I'm having the same exact issue. I've reached the maximum attempt to verify my payment method. I'm also in Korea, so I am unable to call support. 

Hi Stephanie, 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
02152aa440547f70
Community Member

I have a problem when paying for contracts sent to me by freelancers. When paying from my Visa card the following message appears: We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.

Also, I see the following message when I open my account profile: Financial transactions for **Edited for Community Guidelines** have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I hope an urgent solution to the problem

Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdulrahman,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
180e4a1a
Community Member

Hello,

Ready to hire and pay freelancer, but failed at credit card input. It says account needs to be verified, contact support.

Thanks,

Hi Salah,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
alihashmi03
Community Member

Hi, so a while back I hired someone on Upwork but then had to withdraw the offer because the freelancer didn't accept it but Upwork did accept the payment and the amount was deposited in escrow.

Now using the same debit card, I'm unable to hire a freelancer. Upwork says that the charge failed and I need to add a valid payment method. I'm so stressed out because of this. I need to hire someone immediately and Upwork won't let me do it.

Hi Muhammad Ali,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble hiring a freelancer. I checked your account and it looks like the charges on your card keep getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
167fe3a3
Community Member

Is there someone that can help me with the same issue? Thanks.

Hi Sherman,

Someone from our team will reach out to you to assist you further with your verification. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
49aa7c4c
Community Member

I want to verify my credit card, but it doesen't seem possible. I don't see the Verify Now link.
It was there yesterday, but I failed to verify(such an idiot). What am I supposed to do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Michail,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
807703e1
Community Member

Hi Upworker

I am confused I want to hire freelancer but when I click hire is always like this
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Sara,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please check with your bank for more information on why the charge is getting declined and make sure that you have enough funds on the card.

Regarding your PayPal, please try again using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet. You may want to consider contacting PayPal support for more information on this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
86fda25e
Community Member

Whats happening you refuse my TIDE BANK card and claimed it was a gift card???????

I don't have all day to sort your problems out get someone to call me on +44 207 112 5158

Hi Douglas,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e1823fc2
Community Member

hi
IM having a problem with my upwork account regarding paying the freelancer
I've been using this website for the past 4 years and never facing any problem with the payment method but out of a sudden when I was about to pay the freelancer the payment got rejected and I tried to solve the problem by rewrite the bank account informations and same problem happened
What should I do ?

Hi Aymen,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with payments. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
e7edd82e
Community Member

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you my mmnane is Nikki **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nikki,

I checked and it seems that you already chatted with our team on this support ticket. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
63f43dc2
Community Member

It said I used the max attempts to verify my card. I put the correct amount in, but now it says I need to contact support.

Hi Mattt,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
keinomercy
Community Member

A pop up message saying payment cannot be proccesed try an alternative payment keeps on coming when I want to add connects. What could be the problem?

Hi Mercy,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges, or adding another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c39621ac
Community Member

I am a new user on upwork, I had a project and hired someone, but cannot pay him until I finish the verify process - which I cannot do due to some error 

Hi Diana,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e41e13a0
Community Member

This is just ridiculous!! According to your own website I need to reach out to UPWORK to get somebody to assist with verifying the payments made to my card to continue to verify billing methods but cannot find any way possible to contact support!!!

Hi Rod,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello I am contacting you about my card I cannot validate it Can you help me please
I passed the 3 attempts

Hi Mero,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue. 2 payments total $10 were withdraw and returned to my card, but it is still not verified

Hi Jonathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the card verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
415e1794
Community Member

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths