🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: CREDIT CARD VERIFICATION CAUSING TOO MUCH...
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018

Hi Zoha,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
f2e8f225
Community Member

Hi there

I posted a job and it was completed but I forgot that the credit card listed was now invalid. I've since added a new one but will the payment be processed again on the new credit card or do I need to do something else?

thanks

Clare

Hi Clare,

I checked, and it looks like you have added another card on file and it is active. The transaction shows as processed as well, and you can check it from here. Let us know if you need further help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f7ae015d
Community Member

I’m having trouble to verify my payment method using my credit card. I enter the amount 3 times but the reply “you have exceeded the maximum attempts to verify”. Can anyone assist me?

Hi Jonalyn,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
785a00a9
Community Member

How do I verify my Payment method (AMEX)?

petra_r
Community Member

Henry W wrote:

How do I verify my Payment method (AMEX)?

Read all about it here 

785a00a9
Community Member

Thanks however there is no verify option there

petra_r
Community Member

Henry W wrote:

Thanks however there is no verify option there

No, but it how you step by step how you can do it in your Upwork account.

785a00a9
Community Member

Yes and when I reach the step where there should be the verification option it is not there?!?

Hi Henry,

I just checked your account and can confirm that your billing method is verified and you will be able to pay your freelancers.
If you experience any problems or if something is confusing, feel free to follow up here with additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. Previously i already paid from the same card on upwork, but now it gives me this error. How can I resolve this issue? Please help

Hi Pir Abubakar,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues setting up your billing method. Please double-check your credit card information when imputing as name or number mismatches can result in errors when authorizing your card. 

Please let us know if the issue persists,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

I already checked everything..but no help

Hi Pir Abubakar,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5a76a4b2
Community Member

I need help verifying my card - it has locked me out because your system didn't dictate that I needed to put in US funds instead of the CAD funds that I view in my transaction.

Hi Marnie,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble verifying your card. I checked and it looks like you have closed your account. Please let me know if you'd like us to reopen your account and have one of our agents assist you in adding your billing method.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
b55903e5
Community Member

Hello, I'm in the process of hiring someone for editing services. The hiring process is delayed due to my account not being verified. Please help. It doesn't ask me to verify anywhere.

Hi Monique,

I checked and it looks like you already did the verification you are referring to and hired a freelancer. Could you please let us know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9ea9bba2
Community Member

When we try to add card we get this error - Requires verification. Contact customer support

And on support page there is no that option.

Hi Hazem,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

The same thing shows up on my account. The deposit has been made into my bank account but I can't input it. Please let me know what to do,

Hi Bython,

A member of the customer support team will reach out to you directly via email to assist you in verifying your credit card. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi 

I have the same issue when trying to hire for a job.

Hi Adnan,

Can you descibe the specifc error you are getting? Does this only happen you attemp to hire a freelancer? 

Hello, 
The same thing happens to me. It says that requires verification of my billing methods. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Awami,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the card verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I am also locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts.

And I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you.

Could you please advise me, how can I verify my card/billing method with or without contacting support?

I need to resolve this issue ASAP as I'm looking for immediate freelancing assistance.

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjiv S.

Hi Sanjiv,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello , I am not able to log into my Upwork client account from my laptop. The website redirects me to sign in using google account and then it takes me to another google account which is not registered. Can anyone help me urgently please ?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Venu,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
530324f9
Community Member

Hi

My name Jamal Abdullah**Edited for community guidelines**

and I am unable to verify my billing method I tried many time but not verify my billing method my visa card charged two time for verify billing method and still not verify please help me and solve this problem

Thanks

jamal 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Jamal,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
530324f9
Community Member

Hi

Please verifying my credit card now you already charged my visa no problem with me I well not going to check my bank no need for that

Please do it now and verifying my credit card

Thanks

Jamal Alkhashan

Hi Jamal,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
04dbf68d
Community Member

I am at the last step to verify my billing method. 

Howevere, while I check my visa card and tried enter two small charge made by Upwork, I exceeded the maximum attempts to verify. Due to the charge was USD and my bank account shows local currency only, and I cannot know what was exaclty amount in USD.

Hi Jessie,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
582268a8
Community Member

I am having too much trouble to verify my card! An amount of $400 has been deducted from my card into the escrow and YET it has not been verified still!. I am not able to pay the freelancer who I hired and my card is not being verified despite me entering the right amounts for verification. 

I came on upwork to make life easier for me but I am spending more time on these non productive issues. My card for some reason has been blocked on upworks as I cannot press verify option for it. I need to contact customer support but it is impossible to reach them. Please tell me HOW CAN I RELEASE the $400 in the escrow to the freelancer. 

Hi Hitesh,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3eef2f7f
Community Member

How do I get verified? 

I haven't seen any email's regarding this process and I've got a freelancer who is awaiting me to hire him. Confused about the whole process. 

Thanks for any help! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths