🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: (Charge failed) message On my payPal bill...
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
f39a9db8
Community Member

hi I follow the steps provided by chatbot concerning my billing method.

First- if I apply my debit card as primary billing method. How to pay or fund my upwork.

Second- I cant find edit button to add paypal account as payment method only add button or + sign for primary ..

Hi Rose,

When you go to your Billing method section and click on the "Add Method" button you will be able to view the available options for your current location. To learn more about how to add one of our accepted Billing methods, check out this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5149358b
Community Member

We added our payment method (visa) and it seems to go through in the profile settings but when trying to hire a freelancer it only gives an error saying can't be verified. Problem is that it doesn't even give an option to verify it. The card works perfectly fine elsewhere. 

Hi Teemu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method and hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d7851059
Community Member

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out

Hi Sakhawat,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1bddc859
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem my payment method PayPal is showing charge failed.

why it is?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheetal,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

You should be able to add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
1bddc859
Community Member

When I submit details(Billing & payments) using debit card (VISA)  then Upwork says "we cannot submit your request".

in short Paypal and another alternative method debit and credit card both not working in my Upwork account.

Please help Upwork.

Hi Sheetal,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue with Paypal and other payment methods, I tried too many times, I need to add connects to my Acccount.

Hi Somesh,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9b17b277
Community Member

I have the same issue, i am as a client want to activate a contract but the billing is not working and down PayPal it is written that (Charge failed).

Please help

Hi Faisal,

Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Alternatively, here are the billing methods available that you could consider adding.

Please let us know if the issue persists,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
46e5344b
Community Member

Hello

My payPal billing method has (Charge failed) message, and I can not use it to send ofer for my job.

My paypal account ha no problem, and I do not have alternatives payment methods.

Could you please solve the problem to use my payPal method to pay?

Thank you verry much.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from PayPal wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7be74514
Community Member

My account was suspended once and reactived with support team a few days ago.

After this case, when I want to deposit the money to the milestone,the system tell me there is no vaild payment methods.But I paid many times by paypal before.

Pls help me.

Hi Anx, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sati_chen
Community Member

Hello, my card status is not changing even though I have money on the card but still I see "Charge failed " and I'm not able to open a contract because of that. How to solve this issue? 

Hi Sati,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your help, I solved the problem on my side.

How did you solve this ? can you please help

Hi Salary,

You need to check your PayPal account and wallet if everything is set up correctly. If needed, you can contact PayPal customer support to help you with all that. In the meantime, you can check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods and add a different one.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a190e93d
Community Member

Dear UpWork,

I created this profile to hire a freelance for an important job. I started the credit card verification process entering the two small charges related to my credit card.From what I can understand it is not an instant process but it can take some days...Since I have urgency to start this project I am asking if if there is a chance it will be verified by Monday or if I can ask an urgent verification in some way.Thank you so muchAndrea

Hi Andrea,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much

Hi Andrea,

I would like to follow up and confirm that your billing method is now verified and you should be able to hire a freelancer.
First, you will need to post a job, and once you have found your freelancer you can send them an offer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c14d4c99
Community Member

I had added a credit card to my account and the 2 tranction from the upwork has been debitted even then i am not able to hire an frelancer its saying charge failed error

Hi Mohammed,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
8ff7c4fc
Community Member

Hi there. We are opening a new account, but we are not able to verified our payment method. We used a Mastercard credit card but the system keeps denying our verification (the card is neabled and we already used it outside Upwork, so the problem is not the card).

We also received SMS from Upwork with the confirmation of the verification process, but still it is not working.

Hi Georg,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7c0c1c36
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and have had no success adding a billing method. I just get an error message. Not sure if the site is down 

Hi Maximilian,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
af932246
Community Member

I am unable to verify my card, it ask me to Contact customer support. added my card and entered the amounts received from bank both in local currency and even after converting them to USD. 

Please verify my Billing Mehtod, So I can get my job done. 

Hi Muhammad,

~ Goran
Upwork
92a0591b
Community Member

I have a problem with verifying my payment methods can you help me

I tried 3 times than they tell me to contact with support team

Hi Ahmed,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c0c0d41f
Community Member

I am a client trying to hire. I was told upwork is good, but I am already having an issue as a new user. My payment verification has been blocked and my credit card has already been charged. I followed the instructions on how to setup the payment method, but the system refers me to customer support. I don't know how to proceed. It is discouraging to hire here if this system doesn't work properly.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your billing method. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am a new user and if I may ask something unrelated. I am a client trying to hire. I was trying to verify payment method to get started on upwork. My credit card has been charged, but the system refers me to customer support and no verification yet. It's been a couple of days. How do I contact customer support or how do I proceed to hire. Is the platform this complicated?
Thanks for any suggestions you have
Latest Articles
Learning Paths