🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Need to contact support to verify my cred...
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
5d203e86
Community Member

Hello Community,

I am facing an issue, I unable to add the payemnt card into the Upwork. When I put my all credentials they say's that we are unable to authorize your card. I tried with 3 accounts but nothing is going to work.

Hi Irshad,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1ba8e969
Community Member

My verification failed 3 times now I’m locked out. Can’t find a number to call need to get this taken care of so I can pay the freelancer
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
53ff8ed4
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to make a payment using a card that I have used on Upwork previously. The debit card has enough money to cover the payment, but I am getting a "Charge Failed" response.

Also, Upwork had chat and call support until very recently, but now it seems to have disappeared, making it a lot harder to get answers to questions that are not covered on the Help website. May I ask why chat and call support are no longer offered?

Regards,
Seungeun

Hi Baek,

I checked and it looks like your issuing bank has declined the charge. You might want to reach out to them directly so that they can assist you further regarding the specific decline error.

~ Joanne
Upwork
53ff8ed4
Community Member

Okay, thank you Joanne. I'll try this.
53ff8ed4
Community Member

I have added a new card but it is still showing an error and the payment is not going through. Can someone from support please call me regarding this? It's extremely frustrating to not get the payment to work, and then post a message here and keep refreshing the page in the hope that someone will reply. Why is call or chat support not provided?

Hi UpWork team,

I'm still waiting on this issue. Why is this taking so long? Can I please just talk to someone on the phone regarding this?

Hi Baek,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern via chat. The agent will be happy to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ed327217
Community Member

Hi, card verification is locked out due to failed attempts. Have the correct codes now but it's locked out and says need to contact support. How do I contact support?

Hi Ens,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thanks

60fa3277
Community Member

I cannnot find the amounts that are deposited to verify my debit card, It doesn't show the deposits it only shows the balence, there has to be another way to verify my card, what is it?

Hi Desstrict,

I checked and it looks like you were able to verify your card! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
60fa3277
Community Member

thank you
Community Member

Hi I have the same issue. please help me to reactivate my account. I have verified the new payment method. Thanks.

There was some issue with the payment card and Upwork suspened my account.

I have updated the billing method but it was still on hold.

Is there any way I can contact Upwork to reactivate my account? this is so inconvenient...

Hi Fan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
amandeepdubey
Community Member

Its totally strange there is no way  to raise a ticket or chat with a customer support executuve, my billing is all messed up can any one suggest how to reach the Upwork support 

Hi Aman,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

they have an email address
d9de3efb
Community Member

when I add my visa card to pay my freelancer it says charge failed . I tried removing the card then putting it again but now it wont let me add the card again. pls help ASAP

I too have had this problem - despite numerous attempts to create a freelance contract my payment method is not being accepted. 

I am using the same card as per other Upwork services.

I have sent you guys a scan of my ID as requested, though I don't see why that was necessary given that I have been using your services for years now.

Please can this be looked as asap.

Thanks.

Hi Tareq and Tony,

Our team will reach out to you both via tickets and emails and will assist you further with your billing methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e6ab8fbb
Community Member

Ms. Andrea, I'm getting same issue while adding my pre-paid card. Can you please help? Thank you. My bank is United Bank Ltd. Pakistan. Thank you.

Hi Awais,

Of course! I checked and it looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card issuer for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. How long does it usually take for support to reach out? I need the issue resolved fast or I might lose the candidate I need to hire. The problem is not payment decline but the inability to update payment method or add new method. I get the message: "Your account is being reviewed and you may have to verify your identity. Reach out if you do not get an email in 2 business days" but I want to know if this can be done faster. Thanks

Hi Ali,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to update your payment method. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I've had no response as yet!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
709fec62
Community Member

good day i am trying to hire, but my mastercard keeps getting declined, how do i go about this?

Hi Hex,

I just checked, and it looks like the decline error is from your issuing bank. You may want to reach out to them directly so that they can assist you about the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
67f7e149
Community Member

The system won't accept my card details. When I try to enter them through "add billing now" the system keeps asking me to enter my card numbers, even though I have. I've tried a few cards but get the same result.

Hello Anna,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with adding your card. Could you please try adding your card after clearing your browser's Cookies and Cache? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message if the problem persists.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Thanks. That worked when I entered the details in Safari.

Anna
c94d463e
Community Member

Got automatically charged of plus subscription today , would to have a refund thanks

Hi Vera,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ca8fd690
Community Member

I'm unable to add a credit card as a payment method because I'm getting an error (see attached).

The software is telling me month and year are required despite the fact that I have filled in those fields.

Please assist so I can setup this payment method and hire my freelancer.

Hi Chris,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths