🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need to contact support to verify my credit c...
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
d2aebd03
Community Member

I want to hire a freelancer. I put card details but Upwork says: You exceeded the maximum attempts to verify, contact support to complete the verification. What do I do in this case?
Please reply asap

Hi Habib,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
3e6d955c
Community Member

this error - Requires verification. Contact customer support

And on support page there is no that option.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Abhishek.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8dfc372f
Community Member

I need some assistance in verifying my billing method. I entered the correct details but unfortunately I have been locked out. Please help!

Hi Lachlan,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c322c4f2
Community Member

Hi, could someone please help me with the credit card verification issue. Thanks.

Hi Aishwarya,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to help you with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
1e0a6638
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have the same problem. Please help me

Hi Soumyabrata,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist in verifying your credit card. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
633ba1f6
Community Member

Hi I am new to Upwork and I need help to verify the credit card so that I can start hiring people. I tried to locate the verify credit card button in Billing Method per the Bot's instruction but I couldn't find it.

Please have someone contact me ASAP. I need to know the status of my account.

Hi Fong,

You will need to go to Settings > Billing Method > and click on the verify button to enter the 2 small charges. I also checked your account and your billing method is now verified, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So it means I can start hiring people?

Hi Fong,

Yes, you should be able to hire freelancers now. If you do experience any problems on your end, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f35e8135
Community Member

I'm unable to verify my credit card in client platform and I'm not getting contact support option anywhere. Can anyone from support team help me please.

Thanks,

Pratim

Hi Pratim,

I checked your account, and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding this concern. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
e2ea5772
Community Member

Hey, I'm unable to add my billing method as it shows error I'm also attaching here the screenshot please help me put ion this I'm stuck here

Hi Abdullah,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to add your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eff4b1fb
Community Member

Hello I can not add any other payment method like another card or paypal, also I cannot pay in any way. ''We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.'' Bank said everything is fine. Can you help me please??

Hi John and Rimante,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e2ea5772
Community Member

welcome, but he/she didn't reach me out.
Community Member

I need immediate help. I signed up for UpWork today, entered my credit card for verification (paid for two transaction that have been approved by American Express), and I need to hire a consultant today.

I called American Express who says the two test charges were approved but UpWork needs to approve now. I have a consultant on hold and time sensitive work pending. I need immediate help. There is no contact support phone number. Needless wait in my opinion, but I need someone from UpWork to process my transactions so I can get started - I cannot wait for 5 days that is too long.

Hi John,

I checked your account, and I can see that one of our agents is already assisting you via ticket. Please feel free to post any questions you may have on the ticket so the agent will be able to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1ecf67fe
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same verification issue. 

Hi T R,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
b636a0c7
Community Member

Hello,

I have been logged out of verifing my credit card. What do I do now?

Joseph

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph, 

Were you going through any error? I checked your account and can see that your support call has already been solved. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. 

~ Avery
Upwork
24b16c7e
Community Member

Hello

I cant varify the credit card

I entered the charged amount but still not working

Hi Mohamed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can't verify my card. I ran out of attempts due to inputting the wrong numbers or the wrong order of them. Please help.

Hi Abigail,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hamxatahirr
Community Member

I was charged 10USD for card verification still hasn't received a refund in my bank account. please help... 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hamza,

I checked and it seems that the refund was already initiated and you can expect the funds to reflect on your account within 5 business days.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

It's been seven days but still, I have not received a 10USD refund, can you please confirm when I will receive the refund?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hamza.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.  

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok Thanks I'm waiting for that

Still, there's no response from the team via a support ticket... I'm waiting.

Hi Hamza,

I checked and it looks like one of our team members already responded to you directly via a support ticket regarding your credit card. You can access your support tickets here. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

the previous ticket was related to card verification, now I need my verification funds back which upwork deducted 10USD, I haven't received funds, are you going to give me back my funds or not it's been 8 days I haven't received the funds.

Hi Hamza,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this pageThank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths