cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

Sean M Member Since: Jan 8, 2021
1891 of 1,895

Hi everyone, I am having an issue with paying a freelancer. Although I used Paypal 2 days ago on Upwork and it worked fine, today I cannot pay. First my credit card was denied, and I tried to change to my Paypal but it was also declined. I erased both from my Upwork account to try again but it never syncs. Below are pictures of what pops up when I try to sync. Either I get a blank page or a weird kind of notice that I have never seen before. Thanks in advance for any help. Sean

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1892 of 1,895

Hi Sean,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.  

You may want to talk to PayPal about what type of payment method can be added to your PayPal wallet.

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
Sean M Member Since: Jan 8, 2021
1893 of 1,895
Thank you. I think you were right about the card. I entered it and was finally allowed to add my Paypal account. I will wait a few days and try the transaction again
Sean
Afaq K Member Since: Apr 22, 2020
1894 of 1,895

Hello Everybody,

I want to pay my first freelancer after hiring.
When I use my visa card I am facing issue that card is not valid.

That was definitely because budget for the job was 120 USD and I had not enough money in my visa credit card. But than I have send enough money in my card and still facing problemo.

How much time this process will take to integurate my card in the system.

Afaq Khan

Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1895 of 1,895

Hi Afaq,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS