🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need to contact support to verify my credit c...
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kiyoung,

It looks like your card needs to be verified. The two small verification charges were placed on your credit card when you added it as a payment method. The sum of those charges equals $10 and should appear in your credit card statement shortly. Then you can enter those amounts in the verification form in your Settings> Billing Methods and complete the verification. $10 will be refunded back to your credit card.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bcba9e2a
Community Member

are you kidding me?

im saying upwork is not charging my card at all!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kiyoung,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0581bf61
Community Member

Can't verify credit card need to fix asap to pay vendor.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
54cdeb3f
Community Member

Hi,

I have been trying to enter my credit card. Once I enter it, it takes me to a new window/pop-up and tells me to add 2 different amounts for verification. The amounts enter should be totaling $10.

I have tried multiple amounts, after 3 attempts it cancels.  I tried with multiple cards, it never goes past this step.

Is there an error on your side? Now it says to contact customer support to verify, and there is no support available. I have messaged but did not receive anything. I need to get this fixed and get my work done.

a652603b
Community Member

I need to verify my CC info, but when I go to verify payment method it does NOT give me the option to enter the 2 small transactions from my bank it tells me to contact cutomer support.  I attached a screen shot. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Travis.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a652603b
Community Member

I am having a similar issue , unable to verify my creidt card. It tells me to contact customer support but no number to call.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Travis, 

I apologize for the delay. A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0c6cc751
Community Member

I have the same issue. How can I get this solved?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jette,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
244e1be9
Community Member

I want to hire a freelancer, but when I add my credit card I'm told it's gone but it really doesn't go through.

Can someone please help me?

Hi Mohamed,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I am trying to hire a developer and startup Project. However, after have all the required details, I am stuck on verifying my Master Card through my profile. Also to add, there were two payments charged, still no options to verify my card, only contact customer support for which I have no clue. I also had tried calling your HQ and IL numbers but no luck. So can someone please assist. Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Satyam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
04497d84
Community Member

Hi

As I was trying to pay my deposit I had a number of errors come up. I tried using 2 cards and was charged only the temporary fee to it and not had it returned. I have since removed that card. I am still unable to pay my deposit as the card I wish to use is having difficulty being verified.

I have been charged in total $16.87 on the card I wish not to use.

I am having difficulty authorizing my personal visa card and would like some advice. I need to accept/ hire someone to do a logo for me. 

Aston

Hi Aston,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
715562c9
Community Member

I entered two amounts totalling $10. Two transactions has showed up on my credit card transactions but why on Upwork still shows the credit card is still unveritified and asked me to contact Customer Support? Can someone look into this for me? I need to send an offer to someone today. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reina,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
142bfa91
Community Member

On my Billing Methods page, the Upwork platform requests that I "Contact Customer Support" to verify a credit card for payments (not the "Verify now" link showing on my page).

Having spent time on this there appears to be no way that I can contact "Customer Support". 

I'm very disappointed with Upwork at this moment. 

Any suggestions as to how I can verify my card if I cannot follow the instructions given to contact Customer Support?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robin,

~ Bojan
Upwork
52a1bc6d
Community Member

Hi can somene tell me how to re-activate verification for credit card

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marice,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your credit card verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
116302a1
Community Member

I am trying to Hire a new Resource, but failed to add/Edit the payment method.

Please assist.

Hi Free,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with setting up billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
efce0cea
Community Member

I am failing to add payment method i tried a lot it's added successfully but when i try to hire freelance it says charge failed

Please work on it so we easily add money on upwork

59ad529c
Community Member

Hello

I have exceed verify credit card, Now show message contact with support.

Hi Jazz and Sukhvinder,

Our team will reach out to you both and assist you further with your billing methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
caf3a18c
Community Member

I am not able to transfer the work amount to my freelancer as the credit card is not getting verified. I got a notification that my account will be suspended. Can you please help with any upwork support call center number i can talk and resolve the issue.

Hi Mili,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cc59325b
Community Member

I can't verify my payment card, i'm just being takent back to where I started

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi M,

~ Bojan
Upwork
814efb2d
Community Member

I tried too many times to verify my credit card because I was inputting 1.00 and 1.00 before finding out you must input at least 10.00 in total. Please help verify my credit card.

Hi A,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
91d4998f
Community Member

I can't verify my card to hire my freeleancer

Hi Ricky,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
b35c5b5f
Community Member

i can't verify my payment method (credit card)...tried to input 2 different amounts to US$10 but never worked...even if 2 decimal points...i am in need of an urgent project but can't proceed because of the stupid payment method....!

Sign in to your bank account. Find the charge that matches the amount in Google Pay. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Pay app . At the bottom, tap Payment. Under the payment method, tap Verify. Choose the amount and tap Verify.

Hi Rafael,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths