🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need to contact support to verify my credit c...
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018

Yes, I already try the 2nd credit card, but still finds errors and need to contact customer support. Can you help me?

Hi Yusli,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
34c8c43e
Community Member

Hi there

I have the same issue - not able to verify payment anymore and it is blocked. How can I unblock it in order to pay the project that the freelancer has already done?

Thank you for the help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4f2a5bfc
Community Member

Hi All! 

I am attempting to get my card verified so I can pay my freelancer. Everytime I go to the page and click on "verify now" it will take me to the billing information and show my card info. 

Now it doesn't say input the amount charged to verify, it says contact customer support. 

For some reason, everytime I attempt to speak with someone, they don't answer my question or lead me here! So here we are. 

Please, help!

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andrea.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9f751a26
Community Member

I need to know whether my recent concern of my account information not being verified. I need to know, so I may feel assured of my project being completed, also to assure the Freelancer can know.

Thanks 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9f751a26
Community Member

Upon working with my current freelancer, I am getting the message of unable to verify my account information. I need to get this information satisfied, so I may feel assured in interacting with the freelancer, I resubmitted my information to verify no errors.

Thanks 

Hi Robert,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our agents reached out to you to assist further in verifying your credit card. Please check your ticket number: 28990307. You may also want to check out this article from Upwork Help for more information about credit card verification. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b996a6ca
Community Member

Hi, I'm having trouble with payment methods, I connected my debit Mastercard but it isnt accepting it when I'm trying to hire someone, any ideas?

Hi Cameron,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
95362cd4
Community Member

did you get any help, if so, can you help me also. I get the same error message

95362cd4
Community Member

Did you ever got any help? If so, can you help my "You don't have a valid payment method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." that's the message I have.

95362cd4
Community Member

Did you ever got any help? If so, can you help my "You don't have a valid payment method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." that's the message I have.

95362cd4
Community Member

95362cd4
Community Member

You don't have a valid payment method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

I am getting this Error while i try to make payment. I have added verifie PayPal Account for Billing but still Problem persist.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jozel,

~ Bojan
Upwork
7ef20280
Community Member

Hello. I recently joined this service and was trying to upload my card details for a $10 payment. It gave me an error response (i dont remember what) so i clicked Send again. The job is for $10 with a 30 cent charge, but i got debited $20.30 instead. Can i be refunded the remaining 10 back because I dont even see it in my balance.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Michael,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar for your quick response. It's been explained to me that it's for card verification. I've gotten the debit alerts now but had already made attempts before without knowing it's what I was doing. I think I'm blocked now. How can I solve this?

Hi Michael,

Feel free to follow up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c5e254ff
Community Member

Hello

Recelntly i hired a person for my work and payment deducted my the card adn payment method i still unverified and i am unable to verify the card becuase my payment deducted in my country currency and i am unable to verify in usd. And my freelancer is also unable to accept my offer because my account is on temporary hold.

Please help me

Hi Syed,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c5e254ff
Community Member

Hello there
Recently i withdrawn the offer also but i still did not received my refunded amount (Project amount + card verification amount). When i will receive my amount ?
If i add previous card again , i would charge again ? or previous deducted amount can be adjusted ?
And i need your help to verify

Hi Syed,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
df2280a8
Community Member

Hello, every time I want to hire someone, a warning comes.

"You have not deposited a valid billing method with Upwork, please correct it before you submit an offer."

Can someone help me ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have a verified PayPal account, which is linked to my Upwork account. I can see in my PayPal account the billing agreement with Upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the Upwork page "charge failed". In PayPal, I can't even see that any attempt was made. How can I get more information about what is wrong? (other payments via PayPal have always been fine)

Hi Viral,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d2affbf3
Community Member

Hello i have the same problem my payment method paypal is showing charge failed. But why???

I am getting same issue Charge fail what to do ?

Hi Chirag,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I cannot activate my next milestone and my paypal payment method is showing "charge failed" but why??? Need help ASAP

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zeba,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3b7a6e72
Community Member

can somehelp me i can't pay my freelancer it always say "charged failed" help please

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ernest John,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Additionally, please go to your account settings and choose the tab on the top-left, ''My Info''. Kindly try adding your address details, security question, and phone number in order to fix this error. 

If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same problems and getting a charge failed using my paypal. I have done the steps you provided but still getting the same problem.

Hi Jade,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal's customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I just used it last night with no problems in buying more connects.

Today when I tried to buy more connects, that error came up.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths