🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need to hire freelancer on behalf of my clien...
Page options
padhiyarraj
Community Member

Need to hire freelancer on behalf of my client from my CLIENT'S account

Hello Everyone,

My client wants to hire people. So, On behalf of my client, I made a client account in my freelancer account. Now I post the job from my account for my client and when I get a perfect freelancer for the job. I am going to send a profile link of that freelancer to my client and she will hire a person from her account. Later on, I will delete a job post from my client's account because the same person is already hired by my actual Client.

So Is It ok to do the same?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Raj,

Your client can instead give you hiring manager permissions on their account. That way the you will be able to help with the hiring process without having to directly log into the client’s account or posting and canceling a job on your personal account. Please see this article.

~ Riri

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
michael_skaggs
Community Member

That seems rather shady to me. If they want to you to bring people in for a project, what they need to do is create an agency, add you to it, and give you the ability to hire people through that agency.

Great Idea! but she wants only 2 people to hire for the different language translation. So I don't think its good to make an agency.

So, whatever I am doing is ok or not ?
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Raj,

Your client can instead give you hiring manager permissions on their account. That way the you will be able to help with the hiring process without having to directly log into the client’s account or posting and canceling a job on your personal account. Please see this article.

~ Riri

Raj,  an easier way to hep your client is for ...

1. You to find a few FLers you believe to be best candidates

2. Send your client the 2 or 3 FL profiles you have identified.  List why you feel these people would be ideal fits.

3. Let your client make the final decision and hire the one he/she likes the most.

Why?

The above process is easier, cleaner, more transparent ... and actually puts the final decision on the client.  If, for some reason, the new FLer does not work out ... you are not to blame.

Thanks for the reply,

I am following the exact process which you have described but question is,  Is It ok to use my own client's account for the same?

Raj, there is no need to use your client's account.  Simply send your client the profile links you think best suited and let the client handle the final decision and actual hiring and funding process.  

If your role includes oversight of the new FLer, just make sure you, new FLer, and client can share the same workroom.

If you use your own client account YOU are liable to pay whoever is hired.

But I do not need to hire anyone. Just need to find a good profile and send it to my client.

Thanks

That's great!! Thanks for the suggestion!! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths