Page options
aggarwalt
Community Member

Need to hire lisenced hacket

Need to hire licenced hacker to test a club election software
3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

I'm not sure about the "licensed" part...

But I can tell you that it IS POSSIBLE to hire experienced hackers on Upwork.

You can do a search for "hacker", but you can also use other terms such as "penetration tester" and "security consultant."

In order to test the security of my software and servers...

...I have hired six different penetration testers (or "pentesters") on Upwork.

I found that people who work in this niche span a wide range of expertise and professionalism. (I'm sure the same can be said about any job niche.) Some pen testers I hired basically just ran a suite of test software and provided me with results, while others really delved into the task and provided very helpful, personalized advice.

If the security of your system is important, I'm not sure I would hire only one hacker. It seems like something one would want to hire multiple people for.

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Hi!

How to do that is, you post the job on Upwork.

If you know next to nothing about how to manage (set goals, specs, deliverables for) an ethical hacker, you hire someone (read: consultant) on Upwork who knows how to do just that.

I think Abinadab provided good advice.

But I would say that hiring hackers to test your system doesn't need to be complicated.

You could just post a job stating that you are going to ask them to test your system and report the results of their test.

You could (for example) send the hackers you hire a link to a page showing the results of a now-completed vote within your club. Ask them to try to CHANGE the results of the vote. But don't provide them with any admin access.

See if they CAN change the votes. And read their reports.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths