🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need to pay person I hired the balance I owe,...
Page options
5112b876
Community Member

Need to pay person I hired the balance I owe, but I do not know how

I hired a person to do some T-shirt art for $150.  I put $100 in escrow that I released on the first draft, and the second benchmark was when the final art was done I would pay the other $50.  The person I hired finished early before the benchmark so of course I wanted to pay the $50 I still owe right away,  So I ended the contract because it said if you end the contract you may be charged the balance of what you owe.  However, it never gave me the option of paying the remaing $50, and I need to pay the person I hire the remaining $50 but I don't know how to do that.

Please help.  The person I hired was very helpful and it is not fair that she has to wait to be paid the balance.  I used Elance many times in the past, but this is my first time using UPWORK so obviously I am doing something wrong.  -Dr. Greg

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Dr. Greg,

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding this matter. You can send the freelancer a bonus payment even if the contract has already ended. To do so, kindly go to the contract room, click the menu button on the upper-right corner of the page and select "Give Bonus" as shown here.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be here to help!

~ AJ
Upwork

Very good

5112b876
Community Member

Thank you.  That is what I did.  Apparently my Upwork frelancer, had only initially gave me an invoice for $100 even though I was prepared to pay $150.  That is why there was no remaining balance.  However, she was very kind and easy to work with and I felt that she deserved the extra money so I did as you suggested and gave he a $50 bonus.  -Dr. Greg

bobafett999
Community Member

That truly was very nice of you.  World needs more people like you who treat each other with respect, dignity and appreciate the efforts of people helping them with their task.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths