Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback as a Result of a Dispute

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
31 of 36

Penny S wrote:

I have been top rated @ 100% for years and recently closed old contracts - BOOM my rating dropped to 90%. 

Those two events had absolutely nothing to do with each other at all.

Penny S wrote:

What I found really strange was that it happened after I got three new longterm jobs and the same week two clients left me 5 star feedback! 

One of the contracts that ended in the 2 weeks between the updates came with poor private feedback. The stars are completely irrelevant as far as the JSS is concerned. The average public feedback on Upwork is 4.9 and the vast majority of clients leave 5 starts unless they absolutely hated the work, and often even then.

What drives the JSS is the private feedback.

pennyswift
Penny S Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
32 of 36

So can a client leave public feedback that is good and private feedback that is bad? Because there is only one client who might have left bad private feedback. 

petra_r
Community Guru
33 of 36

Penny S wrote:

So can a client leave public feedback that is good and private feedback that is bad? Because there is only one client who might have left bad private feedback. 

Yes, absolutely. I'd hazard a guess most of us can accurately guess the culprit.

But what do you mean by "you recently closed" old contracts and your JSS went from 100% to 90%.

Your JSS is 91% and the last closed contract I can see ended in October...

That said, because you haven't completed a contract for so long, you also don't have a 6 month calculation window anymore, and when you're on 100%, that's usually your calculation window. So in your case, chances are you simply defaulted to the next best calculation window, which is 91%. You need some completed contracts to re-establish a 6 month calculation window

pennyswift
34 of 36

Up 1% today! Doubt I'll have completed projects anytime soon unless I ask long-term clients to close a contract and open a new one! But then I'll have 20% deducted by Upwork when we start a new contract, won't I? Six of the contracts are working ... two are on pause because of COVID. The remaining three have possible work still to do. I closed the rest of them. 

petra_r
Community Guru
35 of 36

Penny S wrote:

Up 1% today!  

It last updated on Sunday.

Penny S wrote:

But then I'll have 20% deducted by Upwork when we start a new contract, won't I?

No, the fee-structure is per client, not per contract!

pennyswift
36 of 36

I didn't realize! Clearly, I haven't been paying attention :-)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS