cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Negative feedback about freelancer not showing

Highlighted
Sylvain C Member Since: Dec 8, 2017
31 of 50

I did not try to cheat the system...I got contacted by the freelancer.   As a first time user, and NOW LAST time user.  We just continu the communication. 

If the Upwork freelancer  community cheats and goes outside the box,  Is NOT the fault of the employers who uses Upwork once in while.   

I feel like a lot of people here a fast blaming the customer.  

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 50

Sylvain,

Upwork ToS require clients and freelancers to keep all the payments on the platform. It's done for the security of our users and their funds and it also allows them to benefit from Upwork Payment Protection. Moving payments off platform isn't only a violation of Upwork ToS but also means that the payment won't be covered by the Protection.

Please, refer to this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
33 of 50

Hello Valeria

thanks for the reply,  If I post again, i will make sure to stay within Upwork. That is the reason I came here in the first place. BUT after reading the bashing from a few freelancers, !   ?  If some freelancers are going around your system, they're to blame.  Not the one that comes here for the first time and are mislead.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
34 of 50

Sorry you feel this way, Sylvain. We do expect all our users to follow the ToS they accept when they sign up for an account on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
35 of 50

I just open an account and posted a job.  May be some people should have the right to answer or speak their free mind when It comes to business.  Calling ''respectable'' freelancer not to work for me was just too much

36 of 50

please close and erase my account on this platform.

thank you 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
37 of 50

@Sylvain C wrote:

please close and erase my account on this platform.

thank you 

Upwork please do as this person asks.

Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
38 of 50

Familiarity breeds comtempt.

The longer the contract, the more the freelancer is taken for granted.

No raises, no perks. Just whining. Time to move on.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
39 of 50

I don't believe I made an assumption, Brian. I responded exactly to what was said...it was said the freelancer went under the Upwork radar and was paid direct. How did I make an assumption?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
40 of 50

Brian,  this makes no sense and I have to agree with what Irene wrote:

"I am going to say what people may be thinking but not 'saying'.

To me, this sounds like a long-term contract that went well for a long time and then turned sour towards the end. Are you giving bad feedback because the relationship went south at the end, or because, for 24 months, you accepted substandard work?

Those 24 months seem a loooong time to realise someone was not what he or she claimed to be."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS