cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback about freelancer not showing

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
21 of 50

I am going to say what people may be thinking but not 'saying'.

To me, this sounds like a long-term contract that went well for a long time and then turned sour towards the end. Are you giving bad feedback because the relationship went south at the end, or because, for 24 months, you accepted substandard work?

Those 24 months seem a loooong time to realise someone was not what he or she claimed to be.

Sylvain C Member Since: Dec 8, 2017
22 of 50

Sorry, i might not be in right subject.   But I can't find any help.

I'm stuck in something similar as a client.  I did not know how upwork really worked. I post a job and someone replied.  Now I realize that he went under the upwork structure too get paid direct.  After 10 month of progress but not too many hours, just before going live ''Hell break loose'' bug over bugs.  Started to do a bit of digging on the freelancer's profile.  None of his portfolio are real and he has been picking jobs none stop since he was hired.  

How can I trust any one in here now ? I tought that that this site would do a bit of research before letting someone post as freelance.  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
23 of 50

@Sylvain C wrote:
  But I can't find any help.

How can I trust any one in here now ? I tought that that this site would do a bit of research before letting someone post as freelance.  

How "can you trust" anyone? About as much as anyone can trust someone who conspired with another untrustworthy person to cheat the platform and every honest client and freelancer on it by going outside and paying directly.

What "help" would you expect from a company you haven't paid and whose terms of services you violated?

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
24 of 50

So what you are saying is that both you and this freelancer decided to work off the platform, with Upwork not getting their percentage of the freelancer's earnings, and now you are upset that the freelancer scammed you out of money.

So....how is Upwork supposed to solve your problem, exactly? There was NO contract on Upwork. This was a private arrangement between the two of you. How can Upwork be blamed or be expected to do anything about it (except ban both of your accounts for contravening the TOS)?

Community Guru
25 of 50

It is a bit like two people robbing a bank, and one of them then blaming the bank when his accomplice runs off with all the loot................

Brian M Member Since: Dec 2, 2017
26 of 50

Wow how did you come to that rediculous conclusion.

Perhaps you need to read what is written before expressing a completely irrelevant and incorrect assumption

Each and every payment went through Upwork

Community Guru
27 of 50

Brian M wrote: ...... read what is written before expressing a completely irrelevant and incorrect assumption

Good idea, Brian, why don't you try that? Smiley Wink

sylvain.jpg

Sylvain C Member Since: Dec 8, 2017
28 of 50

I can't beleive what I'm reading here...

I did not try to cheat the system...I got contacted by the freelancer.   

I think you guys should look at yourself before throwing the first rocks ...

As a first time user, and NOW LAST time user.  We just continu the communication. 

If the Upwork freelancer  community cheats and goes outside the box,  Is NOT the fault of the employers who uses Upwork once in while.   

I feel like a lot of people here a fast blaming the customer.  

This widget could not be displayed.
29 of 50
This widget could not be displayed.

Professional freelancers are running a business, we're not employees. We can reject you as a client, just as you can reject our proposals. "The customer is always right" is good in theory, but in the real world it is never absolute.  

When you sign up for an account on UW, you sign a contract to play by the rules, so do freelancers. UW mediates issues - but they can't do anything if you don't properly notify them in a timely manner - for both clients and freelancers.

But when you make "each and every payment" on UW totaling $42k, you approved the work, each dollar, each contract. Coming back 2 years later with "I don't like it now" makes it a moot point. 

Why is this thread so long? 

Community Guru
30 of 50

Cairenn R wrote:

Why is this thread so long? 

Because people keep dragging it from its 2017 grave, that's why.

18kuxf

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS