🐈
» Forums » Clients » New Client - Account Suspended
Page options
c6b50240
Community Member

New Client - Account Suspended

Hi Guys,

I had signed up new to Upwork and I had just posted my first job. I was simply looking for a content writer to help write some articles for our blog / newsletter for the agriculture, farming sector.

I then received an email advising my account has been permanently suspended. "given your account is currently restricted due to possible violations of our policies and Terms of Service.

In order to protect the confidentiality of our process, I won't be able to provide any details of our investigation."

Has anyone else had this happen? 

I have since verified my account with I.D and bank statement, receiving confirmation, my account remains suspended. It seems a little extreme for the account to be suspended without explaination.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kieren,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kieren,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Alexandar,

excuse me for disturbing you with this letter. I'm an entry-level user on Upwork. My account was suspended after confirming my profile with I.D and the bank statement photo. I do not understand what happened. Could you, please, help me to find the way out?

Best regards
Iurii

Hi Iurii,

I checked your account and I can see that you`ve followed up on your ticket directly. Rest assured, our team will assist you further on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Alexander,

tell me, please, how can I get a faster solution? I'm on a project right now. Since yesterday morning I can't keep on working. Work came to a halt. My client is waiting. I have verified my account with Driving's License, and Video Call last week. Yesterday the new documents were requested. I've sent my Bank Statement. But it gave nothing. It's my first project on Upwork and it's very important for me. Could you help me faster?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Dmitry

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b12054e1
Community Member

Several months ago my account was suspended without any e mails and notifications, except the one on the top of the site. It directed me to the community bot but i haven't done anything on the site yet, so it's impossible that i violated any rules. How can manage to activate my account?

Hi Yusufcan, 

I checked with the team, and they have confirmed that the limitation on your account has been removed. You may log in and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

My account is suspended without any notification. May I know why and how to resume the account?

Thanks.

Regards,

Echo

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Echo,

Our team reached out to you via ticket with more information about your account. If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello sir, I facing the same account suspension problem. I submitted documents and it's already more than 48hr ago but not got a single reply.

I don't know why I can't access support page also. That's why I'm writing here.

Hi Datta,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team is already assisting you directly via ticket regarding this concern. Also, when I checked, it seems like the suspension on your account has already been lifted. Please check your ticket number 29076163 for more information. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, suspension was removed. I got the message after writing here.

Anyways, thank you!

Hi there, 

I would like to request assistance for my friend with the User ID **Edited for community guidelines**

He asked me to do this because he has no privilege to access and create a ticket here. 

He has two problems:

1- He received an email that due to lack of skills and so many freelancers with similar skills, the Upwork can not accept his profile and the message of "This profile is no longer available" is showing in the profile part of his account.

He expressed because he was a new entry to Upwork, he did not know the importance of profile creation and he had just entered a few skills and very short. He intended to complete it after some days, however, he has been prevented from doing so since his account is frozen. he is an expert in his field and needs a chance to complete and resubmit his profile, he is sure and I agree that if he uploaded his entire profile and portfolio, his profile would be accepted.

2- He received an email that "Our apologies, we were not able to verify your current location" and his account is suspended but not permanently suspended. He described for me that he uploaded his Driving License and phone bill but the problem still exists. He expressed to me that his assistant is in Toronto and he is in Calgary, Canada,  this may have caused the problem. In fact, both of them, which means my friend and his assistant are located in Canada and they had login into Upwork from Toronto and Calgary several times. 

Would you kindly help my friend and let him resubmit his profile to solve the first issue and ask him for any required supporting documents to resolve the second problem. 

Through part of "Help and Support --> Request", he has asked several times for help with regards to the problems mentioned and uploaded required documents but just received automated emails that do not help resolving the issues.  

I would kindly ask for help to let my friend complete his Upwork profile. I am sure he will have great success as a freelancer in his field.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Regards, 

David Forrell

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to discuss another user's account status here in the public Community or with other users. I'll be sure to follow up with the team handling their case and they can expect one of our agents to reach out to them directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d_forrell
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

My friend's issue has not yet been resolved and apparently he is still not able to communicate himself with you. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

I understand he has already provided documents showing his ID and whereabouts (detail IP address). Here attached are his internet bill and detailed IP address. He has not been using a proxy, VPN, or changed, masked IP and he is confused why his IP address is under question by your customer support.

Your kind assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards

David

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

I checked this and see that our team is looking into this case. Once this process is over  they will respond and update your friend's ticket. 

Please be mindful of the Community Guidelines before posting again.

~ Bojan
Upwork
70d0e62f
Community Member

Hello, I had my account suspended and my job offers canceled. I request the removal of the suspension and the refund of credits.

Hi Joao Marcelo,

Someone from our team has reached out to you via support ticket to assist you with your account status.

~Andrea
Upwork
70d0e62f
Community Member

Thanks to Andrea. A few minutes ago I opened another topic on this subject, I had not seen your answer. Thank you

Hello there , 
Greetings to you
My account has been suspended, I have sent all the required documents, is it possible to check it faster?

Hi Bidzina, 

I checked your account, and it looks like our team has updated your ticket to let you know that your account has already been reinstated. Please check the information they provided on your ticket number: 29518522. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
cd45d673
Community Member

Yes this just happened to me as well.  I created a job posting for asking for an email marketing expert and within seconds of posting a simple job posting, it permanently suspended my account. 

What's going on here??  We didn't do anything in violation of the terms but they don't even provide a reason or way to investigate what action led to the suspension.  Going to move to **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Taylor,

I'm sorry to hear about your account. I checked and it looks like our team just reached out to you via support ticket with instructions on how you can reinstate your account. You can access your support ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cd45d673
Community Member

Yep. They asked for us to go through an ID verification process. Totally unnecessary and not bothering with it. People shouldn’t have to verify their ID with a bunch of sensitive documents just for creating an account and a standard job posting with no violations.

We have strict deadlines and need to hire someone ASAP. Can’t wait around for the privilege to have an account on here.

Fix your system, it’s clearly buggy. Really poor first impression of your platform.
38d8f280
Community Member

I'm facing the same account suspension problem. I have no idea why I got suspended since I just signed up and put up a job post looking for a Vitual assistant. It feels wrong to get suspended without an explanation.

Hoping they could give me clarity on this and help me regain my account.

Hi Phoebelle,

I'm sorry for how this could've inconvenienced you. I can see that the team reached out to your regarding your account status via this support ticket. Kindly follow up with them so they can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
38d8f280
Community Member

Unfortunately, they have not been assisting me any further. I've been reporting this for 3 days already. They just keep on saying I got suspended. I don't even know why.

Hope you can help me, thank you.

Hi Phoebelle,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear how you feel about your experience with the support team. I see that they have stated that your account was suspended as our system detected some irregularities and they had to disable your account for your safety. For more information and the next step to restore your account, please refer to the support ticket here. You can also respond to your support ticket via your registered email address as well. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
dhanvantari
Community Member

Hello, there was a payment error that I have now cleared but I cannot post a job still. I need help. I removed my card that didn't work but I'm still unable to post. See error I'm getting.

Hi Dhanvantari,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ddbe4a64
Community Member

i appreciate the heads up, thanks.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths