Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Freelancer taking his time starting the job

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 16

re: "The thing is, what kind of feedback do I now give?!"

Well, if this is an hourly contract on which the freelancer did not log ANY time, then you are in luck: Feedback won't show up at all on his profile.

If this is a fixed-price contract then you'll request a full refund, and he'll quickly authorize the refund (unless he's a horrible person!).

Either way, if no funds are paid, then no job appears on his profile page and no feedback appears.

2e1278d9
Ben A Member Since: Apr 18, 2018
12 of 16

It's the private feedback I was considering. It will affect his job success rate percentage, I believe?

(It's hourly)

rverang
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
13 of 16

@Preston H wrote:

Ben:

You have been extremely kind and far more patient than is necessary.

^^

Just leave an honest feedback.

I assume no money changed hands in this one. If that's the case, your feedback won't be viewable by anyone anyway, but will count towards the freelancer's JSS.

2e1278d9
Ben A Member Since: Apr 18, 2018
14 of 16

Yep. You're right.

I think he was given enough chances, and the fact that I had to chase him up...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it Smiley Happy

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
15 of 16
Ben, if you want to give the freelancer the benefit of the doubt, it actually *could* take 2 weeks to fix a MacBook problem, but that doesn’t excuse the freelancer not notifying you as soon as the problem occurred, knowing you needed the work done ASAP.
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
16 of 16

I also wonder, depending on whether this is a first-world freelancer or otherwise situated: could the freelancer not have acquired a substitute Mac or other computer? I know that when I have experienced computer problems, I have figured out workarounds, and my clients have usually never known that I have been having difficulties (the exception being when the clients have provided a program that is problematic for me -- say, a Mac-based slide program that is incompatible with my PC... and even then, I just send a note explaining that there will be a short delay while I work things out).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS