🐈 Community
cupidmedia

New Job Posting Format?

I can't see anything in the Announcements about this. When I initiated a new job post today, this is the first screen I saw:

New Job Posting.PNG

The job is a fixed-price job, so I was a little stumped. I went with the option on the left and ended up on a job posting page that looks pretty similar to previous job posts. But I noticed the URL now has a parameter of "enterprise=no". If I selected the option on the right, the URL parameter on the job post page had a parameter of "enterprise=yes". Does this mean now I'm an enterprise client? (My spend is pretty high) If so, shouldn't I have been notified or something?

11 REPLIES 11
wendy_writes

Jennifer, thanks for making everyone of aware of this. 

Upwork- please please please tell everyone in advance before changing stuff ... and you might want to run potential changes like this past some buyers and providers .... starting w/ editors.

Sigh ... why do they think we enjoy these surprises?

It seems to presume that all clients know how many hours it will take a freelancer to do a project - am I reading that right?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

The screen you see means that if you are looking for a freelancer for a longer engagement you can participate in the Team Builder beta program we have announced earlier this month here. You can also refer to this help article to learn more about it.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Okay thanks Valeria. The screen appeared *before* I posted the job though. And I've never posted a job in anything other than Translation, which doesn't appear to be covered. And its rare to the point of being non-existent that one of my freelancers would bill more than 30 hours in a week. So considering that the jobs I post don't generally meet the criteria I'm not sure why I would have been opted in to this program. Is there a way for me to opt out?

Hi Jennifer,

The option to opt in to the Team Builder program is offered to clients if they reply that they are looking for a freelancer for a longer engagement in a category it's currently available in. Since you didn't select that option, you don't need to worry about opting in or out of the program.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Maybe I'm missing something but -

Valeria wrote: "The option to opt into the Team Builder program is offered to clients if they reply that they are looking for a freelancer for a longer engagement in a category it's currently available in. Since you didn't select that option, you don't need to worry about opting in or out of the program."

The message appeared BEFORE Jennifer (buyer) could do anything.  In other words, the message is more than a little confusing for an experienced buyer ....

Think about how utterly baffling it is to a novice buyer.

They never seem to believe it when we try and share the difficulties clients have using this site, even clients who aren't new, but even worse for those who are.

I agree with Wendy and Virginia, Valeria. This messaging was confusing for me as a very experienced client and didn't really cater for what I was looking for, which was a fixed price contract. I can definitely see that it would be confusing for new clients.

And I'd like to reiterate that it could be targeted better. I've never posted a job that meets the criteria for a Team Builder job, so I'm still not sure why I'm even offered the option in the first place. I guess technically I could suddenly change my habits as a client, but surely while its still in beta you'd get better results and feedback targeting clients that are the target audience for this feature.

Valeria,

If Jennifer D. is confused, can you imagine how it appears to clients who don't have the experience she has on Upwork?  I hope you pass her comments on to the powers that be.

Why don't they fix the things that really need work (plenty), and leave stuff like this for when they get every thing else straightened out?

I just noticed that when you search for freelancers it no longer displays jobs in progress. I did a test with my own profile, and some other freelancers. It’s only happening when searching.

The jobs in progress only show if I search using my freelancer profile, but I use any of my other two accounts (clients) it does not display jobs in progress.

I hope this is a bug and not something new.

atlinguist

This is related to the page format when you hire, although not directly to the OP's query.

It might just be me (or my computer screen), but I find it disconcerting that when you get a list of prospective freelancers and click on a choice the next screen begins with sthg. like "Do you want to send a message?" instead of the rest of the cover letter (which is cut off in the list). Unless you scroll down the page, you can miss the cover letter. I think the cover letter (and answers to any questions) should sit ABOVE the message box to make things easy to find for idiots like me.

Learning Paths