Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hire

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
1 of 5

It has been a while since I needed to post a job but am attempting to do so this evening. I'm looking for an administrative assistant.

Once I fill out the job title field it takes me to the next screen and asks me to choose a focus area. None of these choices are appropriate for me at this time. However, I'm unable to move to the next screen until I pick one. (See image below)

I really don't want to choose any of these because I don't want the search results to build around these parameters.  Is there a way to bypass this requirement and I'm just missing something?

upwork VA question.JPG

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
2 of 5

You can post it as a Personal Assitant or Business Dev assistant or both and in your long description elaborate the specific duties.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
3 of 5

Flagged your post so that you get a proper response.

I'd like to know whether this is a new feature and if it applies to other job categories. The options given are limiting and could put potential clients off.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Christy,

Sorry for not receiving a reply sooner. Could you please share the general area you selected so I could try and replicate the options you were presented with? Please also outline why the proposed categories are not appropriate for the particular job you had in mind, so I can escalate your feedback to the team.

Untitled
csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
5 of 5

Hi Vlad and thanks. I get to this screen immediately after adding the title to my job.

I could easily choose something "close" to what I need but I'm concerned that this drives search results. For instance, if I choose "Personal Assistant" will the majority of featured freelancers have that profile focus? If so, that's not helpful because I'm looking for a general VA.

In a perfect world, there would be a "general" focus option, or I'd be able to skip that page altogether.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS