🐈
» Forums » Clients » New to Upwork : Possible Upwork Account Viola...
Page options
9b2b8068
Community Member

New to Upwork : Possible Upwork Account Violation

Hi,

Please advise how I should hire previous contacts via the platform without raising red flags.

I have recently started working on a stealth startup and need to hire freelancers on a regular basis. I am new to Upwork and made my first hire on the platform. 

I got an email today morning notifying me that my account is suspended for possibly trying to manipulate Upwork's feedback system - cannot post jobs or start contracts. I was asked to provide more information on the relationship I have with the freelancer I hired over Upwork.

I have worked with the freelancer before I hired him via Upwork. The freelancer visited me for an ongoing consultation when I renewed his contract. I'm not sure if that's a concern?

Based on my understanding of Upwork's policies, I thought it is encouraged to hire someone I can trust because I am not that experienced with the platform yet. If in any way I raised suspicion or went against any T&C without knowing please do let me know. I will be careful going forward.

I have heard colleagues who use Upwork on a regular basis. I appreciate the fact that Upwork is so vigilant about possible policy violations. It is my intention to strictly adhere to the policies to maintain the integrity of the platform. 

It is critical that I continue to hire freelancers for my startup. I have strict deadlines to meet before I can approach my investors again. I recently left my job so I have no other sources of income other than the startup. I do not have a husband or an immediate family member to support me during this time. It would be greatly appreciated if Upwork can unfreeze my account at the earliest so that I can get time-sensitive work done via the platform.

Best Regards,

Nayanika

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Nayanika,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I can see that you were able to reply to our team with the clarification they requested about your relationship with the freelancer. Please allow some time for the team to review and they will update you via support ticket directly. This team is the expert on this particular section of our Terms of Service so feel free to ask them any questions you may have so you can continue using Upwork successfully! 

Thank you,

~Andrea
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Nayanika G wrote:

I have worked with the freelancer before I hired him via Upwork. 

So why hire that freelancer on Upwork rather than just work with them how you did before?

Nayanika G wrote:

The freelancer visited me for an ongoing consultation when I renewed his contract. I'm not sure if that's a concern?

An "ongoing consultation".... So the "freelancer" was at your place for the "ongoing consultation"?

Yes, that (obviously) will be "a concern".

Nayanika G wrote:

It would be greatly appreciated if Upwork can unfreeze my account at the earliest so that I can get time-sensitive work done via the platform.

There are many other platforms with many other freelancers, and as you already have such an established, cozy relationship with your freelancer, you clearly don't need any platform to hire him anyway, so you?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths