cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No applicants for writing projects - why?

Kelly Q Member Since: May 21, 2017
21 of 24

Thanks! I figured the freelancer would write the template and then I or one of my teammates could modify as needed going forward for different purposes. I see how this is unclear and the writer might think they were on call for modifications,.  Also, likely for the same reason I couldn't include a link on this forum, it redacted the link I had posted with example sites. 

Thanks for the tip!  I'll work on a modified posting at fixed price. If you kindly have advice on what an appropriate price would be for this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
22 of 24

Hello Kelly, I don't know if you are still expecting any answer to this post or if you're still looking for that person. I saw your job post. I'm not a writer, I'm not applying or anything. I just wanted to see what might be wrong.

The job post ends abruptly in the middle of a sentence. This is how it ends: "As this letter will often be sent via email, it s  " and then nothing. It is perfectly natural for people not to send offers to a job like this. (As Kim F hinted).

When/if you edit this post it will still be posted 9 days ago so you won't get any applicants even if you correct it. Best thing you can do is post a new job and don't mind about your hiring rate. It is higher than 50 so I don't think it would affect applications much.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
23 of 24

I have no idea why you're not getting responses on that. It's not my niche, but it's a perfectly respectable posting, and gives no indication that you'd be hard to work with or don't know what you're looking for. 

Possibly it would do better as a fixed price contract as another poster suggested. I'm assuming that the "modify" piece is something you're going to do in-house once you have the template? If so, it's a small project to do hourly. I wouldn't expect that to be a deal breaker, though--when I see an interesting hourly project that seems better suited to fixed rate, I just propose that in my bid.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
24 of 24

Kelly, def. post it as a fixed price job. Mention the genre of your business if possible.  Writers tend to bid on jobs where they have some content expertise - or at least knowledge.  Then add the words "we would like you to create the template wording which we can then modify in-house for other publications as needed."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS