🐈
» Forums » Clients » No communication from Russian artist since 3/...
Page options
096c5803
Community Member

No communication from Russian artist since 3/7; deadline missed 3/19.

My artist, who lives in Russia was communicating frequently and was a talkative person. Was completing all work. Suddenly disappeared March 7. We didn't have another deadline until yesterday, so I waited to see if maybe she just got caught up.

Any ideas? I've read stuff about Russia going dark. Is this anyone else's experience? She is 20 miles from Ukraine border.

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rebecca:

You can't wait for a freelancer from Russia to deliver anything to you.

Upwork stopped allowing people in Russia from using the site.

Just close the contract and hire somebody else.

Somebody NOT in Russia.

Preston H wrote:

Upwork stopped allowing people in Russia from using the site..

That isn't exactly true. Existing contracts are not affected until May.

I can wait. I just didn't know if anyone else was having the same experience.

PradeepH

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you have not received a response from your freelancer. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

If I have an important deadline, I always hire multiple freelancers to do the same task. That has nothing to do with whether or not they live in a war zone.

Unless I have worked with a freelancer before, and already know that she can produce the work that I need on time.

Then I may indeed hire only one freelancer. But if I have never worked with a freelancer before, I have no way of knowing whether or not they will finish work on time, work that I can use. So I can't rely on a single individual.

You probably have a different kind of business and a different lifestyle and value system than I do. Me and the freelancer are working on a children's picture book and we are mid-book. Picture books can take years to bring to market. I can wait. She was planning to move anyway. I only want to know if my situation is being experienced by others or not.

Rebecca:
You are correct that what I am doing when I commission multiple artists to create a single illustration is different than what you are doing, preparing a children's book.

I don't need to match artist styles among different illustrations.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths