Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer receiving email notifications

ryanabc123
Ryan W Member Since: Feb 12, 2017
1 of 22

Hi,

For the last month I have not been receiving any email notifcations even though all are checked off. And nothing is in my spam/junk folder.

Ryan

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 22

Hi Ryan, 

We checked your email and you should be able to receive email notifications. Have you also checked your other email filters?

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

ryanabc123
Ryan W Member Since: Feb 12, 2017
3 of 22

Oh wow, I had no idea I did have a gmail filter with words that included it so blocked them. I removed the filter and am now getting them. Thank you!

Ryan

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 22

I'm glad the original poster figured out what was happening.

This is a great example of something that happens often:

Upwork (along with every other company) can not actually guarantee that you receive an email message. The only thing they have control over is whether or not they sent an email message. But there are many possible failure points along the way to you actually receiving and reading that email message.

So where there is sometimes a disconnect is when Upwork checks they're systems and they're certain that they sent a message... but as users we never received that message. Was it because Upwork's systems are faulty? Or was it because a spam filter blocked the message? Or a company-level firewall that blocked the message from ever reaching us? Or did the message arrive at the exact moment that we tried to delete a different message, and we were confused about why the message we tried to delete was still there? (Not realizing that we deleted the unread Upwork message.)

These things happen. There is nothing Upwork can do to improve its messaging systems to prevent things like this from happening.

If I want to be sure, then I log into Upwork itself and check the website's message areas.

resultsassoc
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
5 of 22

I haven't received a single Upwork message to my business email for months, until today. My business e-mail forwards a copy all messages to my personal email. Today I found one in my personal email. It was addressed to my work email, so I checked the work email account. There is no record of it ever having touched my work email. Every day I get multiple messages to my work email, all are forwarded to my personal email. My Outlook webmail works perfectly and I have zero filters; half of my clients insist on writing in English, despite it being their second, third or fourth language. Curioser and curiouser.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 22

Hi Bill, 

I checked this with the team and they advised that email notifications were bounced back to Upwork which is the reason why you're not receiving emails from our end. It has been corrected already so you should receive notifications moving forward.

~ Avery
Upwork
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
7 of 22

I stopped getting email notifications for invites as well sometime last week.  The last 2 invites also don't show up in "Notifications".  I didn't change my settings in any way. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 22

Hi Ela,

Would you mind submitting a support request regarding the notification issue you mentioned so our Technical team could take a look and follow up with you directly? I'll keep an eye on the ticket as well. Thank you.

Untitled
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
9 of 22

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ela,

Would you mind submitting a support request regarding the notification issue you mentioned so our Technical team could take a look and follow up with you directly? I'll keep an eye on the ticket as well. Thank you.

I have created a ticket. Thanks.

P.S. There is another bug as the system has (so far) created 3 different tickets even though I hit the submit button only once...

jkuelker
Jens K Member Since: Apr 28, 2018
10 of 22

I haven't received  Upwork messages to my email account since

26 February until today.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS