🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: No longer receiving email notifications
Page options
ryanabc123
Community Member

No longer receiving email notifications

Hi,

For the last month I have not been receiving any email notifcations even though all are checked off. And nothing is in my spam/junk folder.

Ryan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Ryan, 

We checked your email and you should be able to receive email notifications. Have you also checked your other email filters?

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
JoanneP

Hi Ryan, 

We checked your email and you should be able to receive email notifications. Have you also checked your other email filters?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Oh wow, I had no idea I did have a gmail filter with words that included it so blocked them. I removed the filter and am now getting them. Thank you!

Ryan

I'm glad the original poster figured out what was happening.

This is a great example of something that happens often:

Upwork (along with every other company) can not actually guarantee that you receive an email message. The only thing they have control over is whether or not they sent an email message. But there are many possible failure points along the way to you actually receiving and reading that email message.

So where there is sometimes a disconnect is when Upwork checks they're systems and they're certain that they sent a message... but as users we never received that message. Was it because Upwork's systems are faulty? Or was it because a spam filter blocked the message? Or a company-level firewall that blocked the message from ever reaching us? Or did the message arrive at the exact moment that we tried to delete a different message, and we were confused about why the message we tried to delete was still there? (Not realizing that we deleted the unread Upwork message.)

These things happen. There is nothing Upwork can do to improve its messaging systems to prevent things like this from happening.

If I want to be sure, then I log into Upwork itself and check the website's message areas.

I haven't received a single Upwork message to my business email for months, until today. My business e-mail forwards a copy all messages to my personal email. Today I found one in my personal email. It was addressed to my work email, so I checked the work email account. There is no record of it ever having touched my work email. Every day I get multiple messages to my work email, all are forwarded to my personal email. My Outlook webmail works perfectly and I have zero filters; half of my clients insist on writing in English, despite it being their second, third or fourth language. Curioser and curiouser.

Hi Bill, 

I checked this with the team and they advised that email notifications were bounced back to Upwork which is the reason why you're not receiving emails from our end. It has been corrected already so you should receive notifications moving forward.

~ Avery
Upwork
elastella
Community Member

I stopped getting email notifications for invites as well sometime last week.  The last 2 invites also don't show up in "Notifications".  I didn't change my settings in any way. 

Hi Ela,

Would you mind submitting a support request regarding the notification issue you mentioned so our Technical team could take a look and follow up with you directly? I'll keep an eye on the ticket as well. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ela,

Would you mind submitting a support request regarding the notification issue you mentioned so our Technical team could take a look and follow up with you directly? I'll keep an eye on the ticket as well. Thank you.

I have created a ticket. Thanks.

P.S. There is another bug as the system has (so far) created 3 different tickets even though I hit the submit button only once...

I haven't received  Upwork messages to my email account since

26 February until today.

Hi Jens, Sorry to hear that. Have you also tried checking your spam/junk folder, of if you have email filters?
~ Joanne
Upwork
jkuelker
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

The mail server and my email client don't use any spam/junk  filter.

Jens

Hi Jens,

Thanks for following up on this. Someone from the team will reach out to you via email to assist you directly. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi.  I'm not getting my emails from UpWork anymore, either.  I've checked my UpWork notification and email settings, my spam folder, and my email filter settings repeatedly.  Could someone possibly take a look and help me figure out what's wrong? 

Right now, I'm specifically interested in the recommendations of jobs that match my skills.  That's a very useful feature.  I've been very busy lately and it just came to my attention that I wasn't getting anything at all from UpWork.    I don't do a lot of work on here, so I'd sure hate to miss those golden few.

Thanks!

Could mine please be checked with the tech team too? Nothing in spam, I just logged in for the first time in a while and got a 'logged in from unknown device' email notification so perhaps the system 'forgot' my computer (same one as I've always used) somehow. 

35d096ef
Community Member

Currently I am not getting an email from upwork and I am waiting for the invite until now it is only showing on the upwork notification to check my email to accept the invite but until now I have not receive any email. There are no other restriction on my email or filters, please help me with this.

Hi Roxanne,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem--- I'm no longer receiving email notifications. I've checked my email filters --- nothing is blocked. I've checked my notification settings in Upwork and it's set to "receive emails". I'm currently chatting with a prospective Client and there was not an email from him notifying me he messaged me. Any way someone can help me out with this, please? 

Much appreciated! 🙂

Thank you,
Michelle

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

Email notification is not sent if a message is registered as "read". A message would register as "read," when Messages are open in a browser tab or in the desktop app. Did you by chance have Upwork.com open in your browser or had Messages open in the desktop app?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
getcheeky
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thx for replying! Yes, I actually did answer the message in Upwork first. So, if i don’t answer subsequent messages thru Upwork first, the messages should forward to my email....correct?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle, it doesn't matter if you reply to a message or not. It matters if you view it and it registers as "read." So for example if you have a message room with your client open in a browser tab, new messages sent in that room may register as "read" and no email notifications will be sent for them.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
e4991469
Community Member

Hello,

The same is happening here. The account is with 1&1, a german provider. We have our own domain cashego.de. We tested 2 times and no email received. Nothing in spam neither.

We also have a backup email: **Edited for Community Guidelines** that we use for google related apps. Shall we replace our email in upwork with the gmail account and try again?

Thanks 

Leo

Hi Leonard,

I checked your email and but don't see any reason why you wouldn't receive notifications. You could try whitelisting or allowing emails from Upwork so that your email provider doesn't filter them out. Feel free to also try changing your email address to see if that helps, please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
c11885ac
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**This is my client Email and I send him Direct Contract but he is not receiving any Email.

Hi Nafeel,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like you're needing assistance with one of your clients who's not receiving a Direct Contract. I can see that there's already a support ticket regarding your concern. Kindly refer to your ticket here for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
adam26d
Community Member

I'm not receiving my contract message update emails either. For months now. I am getting most other emails from upwork, such as marketing and support

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your message. Could you please check and update your notification settings? I see that you have set the email notification for the unread activity to 'Important activity only'. You can change that to 'All activity' and 'Immediate'.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bussesilvia
Community Member

For 2 months now, I have not received any email notifications, neither from any customer, nor from Upwork that my work week is ready for review. The chat bot did not help me, nothing is in my yahoo spam folder, please help.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths