cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer receiving email notifications

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
11 of 22
Hi Jens, Sorry to hear that. Have you also tried checking your spam/junk folder, of if you have email filters?
~ Joanne
Upwork
jkuelker
Jens K Member Since: Apr 28, 2018
12 of 22

Hi Joanne,

The mail server and my email client don't use any spam/junk  filter.

Jens

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
13 of 22

Hi Jens,

Thanks for following up on this. Someone from the team will reach out to you via email to assist you directly. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
rpbarrett111
Robert B Member Since: Oct 8, 2017
14 of 22

Hi.  I'm not getting my emails from UpWork anymore, either.  I've checked my UpWork notification and email settings, my spam folder, and my email filter settings repeatedly.  Could someone possibly take a look and help me figure out what's wrong? 

Right now, I'm specifically interested in the recommendations of jobs that match my skills.  That's a very useful feature.  I've been very busy lately and it just came to my attention that I wasn't getting anything at all from UpWork.    I don't do a lot of work on here, so I'd sure hate to miss those golden few.

Thanks!

pollyanna-hale
Pollyanna H Member Since: Nov 10, 2017
15 of 22

Could mine please be checked with the tech team too? Nothing in spam, I just logged in for the first time in a while and got a 'logged in from unknown device' email notification so perhaps the system 'forgot' my computer (same one as I've always used) somehow. 

getcheeky
Ace Contributor
Michelle W Member Since: Aug 3, 2019
16 of 22

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem--- I'm no longer receiving email notifications. I've checked my email filters --- nothing is blocked. I've checked my notification settings in Upwork and it's set to "receive emails". I'm currently chatting with a prospective Client and there was not an email from him notifying me he messaged me. Any way someone can help me out with this, please? 

Much appreciated! Smiley Happy

Thank you,
Michelle

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
17 of 22

Hi Michelle,

Email notification is not sent if a message is registered as "read". A message would register as "read," when Messages are open in a browser tab or in the desktop app. Did you by chance have Upwork.com open in your browser or had Messages open in the desktop app?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
getcheeky
Ace Contributor
Michelle W Member Since: Aug 3, 2019
18 of 22
Hi Bojan,

Thx for replying! Yes, I actually did answer the message in Upwork first. So, if i don’t answer subsequent messages thru Upwork first, the messages should forward to my email....correct?
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
19 of 22

Hi Michelle, it doesn't matter if you reply to a message or not. It matters if you view it and it registers as "read." So for example if you have a message room with your client open in a browser tab, new messages sent in that room may register as "read" and no email notifications will be sent for them.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
e4991469
Leonard O Member Since: Jun 11, 2021
20 of 22

Hello,

The same is happening here. The account is with 1&1, a german provider. We have our own domain cashego.de. We tested 2 times and no email received. Nothing in spam neither.

We also have a backup email: **Edited for Community Guidelines** that we use for google related apps. Shall we replace our email in upwork with the gmail account and try again?

Thanks 

Leo

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS