🐈
» Forums » Clients » No proposals to my job postings
Page options
bfa8b7f3
Community Member

No proposals to my job postings

I've posted a total of three projects on this platform and I have never received a single proposal. What am I doing wroing? My jobs are pretty straight-forward. I have posted a job for transcription services, never got a sinlge proposal. I have also posted for  VA twice, and again, zero responses. This seems odd to me. I must be doing wrong... any advice?

8 REPLIES 8
bdkingsquad
Community Member

Hello Rachel L,
Can you please tell me, Your provided job skill and projects are matched properly?

Thanks

Atik

c_giovanetti
Community Member

Can you link your jobs?

prestonhunter
Community Member

I am frankly surprised to hear this.

Because there are a lot of transcriptionists on Upwork.

As a client, I have hired over 100 freelancers. I often post job posts for very difficult tasks, asking people to do something extremely technical (such as complex Linux server configuration tasks). Not only that... I ask them to do the task live, while screensharing. I can typically post a job and hire somebody within ten minutes.

So the fact that you are having so much trouble hiring something which I know MANY Upwork freelancers do... I don't understand why you aren't getting ANY proposals.

Are you certain you are posting these as public jobs?

Were you posting hourly or fixed-price jobs?

What country do you live in?

JoanneP

Hi Rachel,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello. Somehow I don't seem to receive any proposals, nor proposals feedback from the clients. Could there be anything wrong with my profile?

re: "Somehow I don't seem to receive any proposals, nor proposals feedback from the clients. Could there be anything wrong with my profile?"

Alex:
I believe you are using certain words in a way that we are not accustomed to. It will be less confusing if you do not refer to "receiving proposals" from clients. We typically refer to "proposals" as something that a freelancer submits or sends to a client. So I will restate your question using different wording:

"My name is Alex. I am a freelancer. I have been submitting proposals to many job postings. But I am not getting many responses from clients. Could there be something wrong with my profile that is causing clients to not want to hire me or even reply to my proposals?"

Hello Preston. Thank you for your comments. You are absolutely right. I should have describe the whole story from the beginning. So can do you have any idea why am I not getting any proposals response and my profile was less viewd last week?
Alexander

Alex F wrote:
Hello Preston. Thank you for your comments. You are absolutely right. I should have describe the whole story from the beginning. So can do you have any idea why am I not getting any proposals response and my profile was less viewd last week?
Alexander

I am not going to comment on your presentation, only that you should eliminate the greeting and not waste the first lines that are the ones that the client sees when sending the proposal.
I see two things. That your price per hour seems low to me (I'm not in your niche so just my opinion). And that you have a general profile and two specialized and in all three you are saying the same thing.
Take advantage of them to sell each specialty.

ETA.- I have seen that you have asked the same question over and over in different threads. It could be considered spam.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths