🐈
» Forums » Clients » No proposals - what am I doing wrong?
Page options
96a45433
Community Member

No proposals - what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Excuse the nubie question.

Nearly two weeks ago, I posted what I think is a reasonable job ad for a 'Professional Writer' **edited for Community Guidelines** and have received no proposals at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Roy

7 REPLIES 7

Try **edited for Community Guidelines**

If that doesn't work, where do I find the link? (I did say I was a nubie...)

Thanks.

Or this one?

**edited for Community Guidelines**

alluad-elmer
Community Member

Hello,

Try to clear your browser history, then login again.

I hope i can help you that way.

Best regards

Elmer

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roy, 

I'm sorry I had to edit your post as it does not meet our Community Guidelines. As a gentle reminder, please refrain from adding links to your job post, or any link to any job post on your posts, and replies to comply with the guidelines. 

I checked your job post, and I think it has enough details to encourage freelancers to apply for your job. You should be able to invite five freelancers to send proposals to your job post under your current membership plan. If you feel that you find the need to invite more freelancers, you have the option of upgrading your plan to an Upwork Plus plan, or featuring your job post for a small one-time fee. 

Some freelancers are also wary of clients who do not have a verified payment method. Verifying your payment method signals to some freelancers that you are serious with hiring on Upwork. 

I can also connect you to our Talent Solutions Team who should be able to help you shortlist freelancers for your job. Let me know if you would like a member of the team to reach out to you. 

Let me know if you have other questions, and I'll be happy to help!

~ Avery
Upwork
96a45433
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Many thanks for the reply. Apologies for contravening the guidelines, and no problems with changing the message. While I've got you, please could you let me know how we verify our payment method?

Thanks again.

Roy

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries at all, Roy. 

Once you add a credit card for your billing method, you will be asked to verifiy it. You may read more about it here for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Roy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. You can also learn more about our accepted billing methods in our help article Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths