🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: No "Request a Refund" option on the contr...
Page options
camila_yusupova
Community Member

No "Request a Refund" option on the contract

The option "Request a Refund" not appearing in the Contract details.

The contract in question started on last Wednesday July 31th.
Poor communication on the freelancer's side was already a red flag. He didn't log any hours during the week, but on Sunday August 4th he entered 30 hours (spread out from Wednesday to Sunday) manually. He failed to provide us with any progress on his work, we have no prove he actually did anything.

We paused the contract today. He hasn't added any hours this week.

Following the steps from this article, I understand that being on Week 2 we are in the review period until Friday:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle-for-Hourly-Contracts#sec...

I followed the steps described in this article
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062088-Request-a-Refund

, but there is no "Request a Refund" option appearing for me:
Capture2.PNG

What can I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Camila,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. 
One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. You can access your tickets section on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Camila,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. 
One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. You can access your tickets section on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your reply. We've been able to solve it by ourselves, it looks like "Request a refund" is an admin-only action, and I don't have admin permissions. The admin of the organization has been able to request the refund successfully.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Camila:

I am glad that an official Upwork representative has already intervened on your behalf, to make sure this gets straightened out.

I hope you know that manually logged hours are NOT PROTECTED.

If you request a refund for those hours after the week has ended, then Upwork AUTOMATICALLY grants the refund. You to not need to explain anything or "provide proof."

It sounds like you were working with a very bad freelancer.

Adding manual time, without even doing anything? Sounds like nothing but a scammer.

I the future, you might consider limiting the number of hours that a freelancer may work in the week and/or disallowing manually logged time, until you have seen what a freelancer is doing for you.

It is common for clients to have restrictions like that in the beginning, and then remove restrictions as they see that a freelancer is the real deal and can be trusted.

re: "We paused the contract today. He hasn't added any hours this week... it looks like "Request a refund" is an admin-only action, and I don't have admin permissions. The admin of the organization has been able to request the refund successfully."

It is good that you figured out the problem with the "Request a refund" button.

Aside from that, there is probably no reason to continue maintaining a contract with that freelancer.

If it was me, personally, I would probably wait until I saw that the refund was fully processed, and then I would close the contract.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths