cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No respond from freelancer

Shaheer G Member Since: May 5, 2017
1 of 11

I hired a freelancer for writing a script for me with a fixed price.After depositing that  money to escrow he is not replying me even i have waited for a week.What can i do now??? Can i cancel that contract and can get my money back??

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 11

Did you specify a deadline? Perhaps the freelancer is working to meet that deadline ... or have they missed it? I would send one more message asking for an update as to where they are in the project.

If they don't respond, you can certainly end the contract and get your money back.

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
3 of 11

@Virginia F wrote:

Did you specify a deadline? Perhaps the freelancer is working to meet that deadline ... or have they missed it? I would send one more message asking for an update as to where they are in the project.

If they don't respond, you can certainly end the contract and get your money back.

I have that exact same question.

Did you and the writer agree on a hard deadline? 

4 of 11

No there is no any deadline.He requested me to not do that because after deadline he have to pay that money if he did not complete , he said he will update me daily and will complete with in a week.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 11

"because after deadline he have to pay that money"

This statement would indicate to me that you may have hired someone who will drag this project out. I would send a message with a deadline date, and tell them that if they can't meet it, you'll be closing the contract.

Didn't you have to put a date in when you set up the milestone?

6 of 11

Ok Thank you.. One thing more if I cancel that contract does i get all my money back or upwork will cut from it??

Community Guru
7 of 11

@Shaheer G wrote:

Ok Thank you.. One thing more if I cancel that contract does i get all my money back or upwork will cut from it??

With writers, agree on a hard deadline (I'm a writer telling you this and I've written in ALLLLLLLLLLL genres).

If you end the contract with a milestone still in Escrow, the system will prompt you to request a refund from the Freelancer (unless Upwork has changed this?). 

8 of 11

So what do you suggest me now?

Community Guru
9 of 11

@Shaheer G wrote:

So what do you suggest me now?

You can either message the freelancer and tell them that you need the writing completed by a certain date, and give them until the end of Monday to respond (it's a weekend and I never assume others work on the weekends), or you can end the contract and request a refund. 

The questions to ask yourself are:

1. How long do you want to wait before the FL responds?

2. Do you want to go through more effort to find another FL to complete the job?

3. Do you want to end the contract and request the refund, which means waiting for the FL to respond to the refund request?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 11

@Shaheer G wrote:

No there is no any deadline.He requested me to not do that because after deadline he have to pay that money if he did not complete ,

He lied to you, that is utter nonsense

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS