cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from my job posting

Joelle S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
1 of 5

Hi

I've posted my job post over a week ago, and not one response.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

Joelle

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Joelle,

Sorry to hear you didn't get any proposals for your job yet. Since you are a new client without any Work History on Upwork, some experienced freelancers may be hesitant to apply for your job. One way to help with that is to add a verified payment method to show that you are serious about hiring for the job. 

You can also search for freelancers and invite them to apply for your job.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 5

Probably you did make some kind of mistake in posting, as it's usual to receive a lot of proposals (though not necessarily all good ones).

Did you include sufficient information about the job to allow freelancers to determine how much time investment would be required so that they could accurately price the job and decide whether it fit their skills and schedules?

Are you offering a fair rate of payment for the work?

Did you open the job up globally, or are you limiting to U.S. freelancers? If the latter, you may want to consider whether that's necessary for the type of job you're posting. In some categories it makes a lot of sense, but in areas such as programming and design, there are talented freelancers all over the world who would really open up your talent pool.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

Zero responses after a week?

That is not normal at all. A very mediocre job posting should receive twenty responses within an hour or two. A client typically needs to set a job posting to private in order to avoid receiving too many applications to their job.

Are you 100% certain that your job is public?

Even really, really bad job postings typically receive at least some response. And I know you did not write a bad job posting.

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
5 of 5

There may not have been anything wrong with the post.  

I've seen a good number of projects  with a low number of bidders and there's nothing obviously wrong with them. More than once recently, I've bid on projects that have had a surprisingly low number of bidders after a few days. I'm currently negotiating the details to be awarded an editing project that received fewer than five bidders (after a week). 

I've noticed that these projects tend to be more clearly defined - although not necessarily more wordy - in their requirements, often asking for *very* specific skills.  Hence, fewer bidders but probably a higher percentage of the bidders will be worth considering. However, often there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for why it happens. 

A problem is that once a project has been up for some hours without receiving bids, some people who come across it may think there's something wrong with it that they've failed to spot but other people have, so they avoid it. 

The only answer is to repost, and (in addition to the above) it might be helpful to do so when Upwork is busier - after the Americans start work.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS