🐈
» Forums » Clients » No work produced by Freelancer and money has ...
Page options
4f7c6861
Community Member

No work produced by Freelancer and money has been paid?

I have paid the first milestone to engage a freelancer, but he messaged me a few times for information for the project and then has disappeared with my money? How do I get this back and who do i speak too? 

3 REPLIES 3
davidd1008
Community Member

A few things: If the funds haven't been released yet (still in escrow) you can open a ticket with Upwork and try to have them work it out. You can also request a refund from the freelancer, but there's no guarantee they'll respond considering how flaky they've apparently been.

It's important to not release funds and pay a freelancer if they haven't delivered your work. Funding a milestone is good, but do not release funds until they have delivered the work and you're ready to close out the job or milestone. 

Hi david

Thank you. I am not sure if I realsed the funds but it looks like it has been taken off my CC. Also how do I contact Upwork support?

petra_r
Community Member

Go to the contract itself. There you should be able to see if you have actually approved (paid) the milestone or just funded it.

milestones.jpg

If it is funded (money shows as "in Escrow"), but not yet approved / released, you can just end the contract and request the funds in Escrow back if the freelancer has vanished. In that case, unless the freelancer disputes, you get the funds sent back to your card after 7 day, earlier if the freelancer approves the return of the funds.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths