cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Not a Rant)Transactions Limited

Andrew B Member Since: Oct 1, 2015
1 of 2

Hey everybody,

Before I begin I'd like to say that this is not the typical rant that many seem to post when having the issue I am having.

Alright so, this afternoon I recieved an email from Upwork Support stating "we had to put the financial side of your account on a temporary hold while we review a certain transaction on your client’s account." They also asked for some information/screenshots and returned the payment in question. Cool, no problem, I responded right away with everything they needed.

After responding I did some reading here on the forums about this issue. It's pretty evident that I shouldn't expect a resolution to come very quickly and all the Mods are able to say is something along the lines of "sorry, you'll be contacted soon." So I'm just going to be patient and wait this thing out since it seems that's all I can do. Not happy about that but hey, c'est la vie right?

BUT I do have some questions:

1. Is it true that I can't withdrawal ANY funds, even though the payment in question was taken out of my funds already?

2. I've recieved 3 job offers from new clients and have 1 new job being discussed with a previous client. Am I allowed to do/accept this work?

3. Can any of my clients (potential or current) see that I'm involved in some sort of dispute?

4. Are there any other restrictions I should be aware of that are a result of having my financial transactions limited?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 2

Hi Andrew

1. Is it true that I can't withdrawal ANY funds, even though the payment in question was taken out of my funds already?

If it says "financial transactions are limited" then this may well be the case. But if the funds have already been reversed this should get sorted quickly

2. I've recieved 3 job offers from new clients and have 1 new job being discussed with a previous client. Am I allowed to do/accept this work?

Usually yes. If you physically can accept them, go ahead and accept them.

3. Can any of my clients (potential or current) see that I'm involved in some sort of dispute?

No!

4. Are there any other restrictions I should be aware of that are a result of having my financial transactions limited?

Not really, apart from it being nerve-wrecking and potentially frustrating. I hope it gets sorted really quickly for you. Make sure you stay in touch with the team handling the situation, even if they can be a little slow to respond. ANYTHING you can think of about your relationship with that client may be helpful. Be patient.....

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS