🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Not able to delete ONLY client account
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

386 REPLIES 386

Hi Abdul,

Your client profile is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I just want to delete my client account only while keeping a freelancer account, is it possible?

Hi Minesh,

~ Goran
Upwork

Cant believe it, that was super quick. thank you very much.

Please help me delete my client account. I want to keep my freelancer account and delete ONLY the client account. Thanks

Hi Nilakshi,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I have mistankely created a client account and I cant delete it. Can you please help me delete it from your side.

Hi Mustapha,

Your account is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That was super fast, Thanks.
cd46aabd
Community Member

Could you please delete my client account as well.

Hi Amal,

I checked and it looks like you already chatted with our support team and they closed your client account. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e212860f
Community Member

Hi Joanne, I need to do the opposite...I want to keep my client account and delete my Freelancer account. You'll see it's not fit to be used. I wanted to see what was involved with becoming a freelancer, and once i started the process, I had no way of getting out or cancelling it. Please remove it as soon as possible.

Hi M C,

As requested, the freelancer account is already closed. 

Thank you so much! Sorry for the mixup

Hi.

Same issue here. I have created a client account and now i would like to delete it.

Henrique

Hi Henrique,

Your client account is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

Can someone help me out with the same issue? I'm looking to close only the "client" account on my profile. I do have an open contract as a freelancer, but that's ok because I want to keep my freelancer account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sasha,

The account you're writing to us from is Client only. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6dd4c67e
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I see this thread is having success in removing accounts, so would you be kind enough to close my CLIENT account down also? Please make sure my freelance account remains open as I have open contracts.

Thanks, Greg.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gregory,

The Client part of your account was closed. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello ,I'm unable to delete my client account from my freelancer account. can you please remove it from there. I have created it by mistake

Hi Angelica, 

I have closed your client account as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
4e18a115
Community Member

Hi Joanne. I have accidentally created a freelancer account and I am unable to remove only my freelancer account. Can you remove it please? Please keep my client account the way it is.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience, Matt.

Our team already closed the Freelancer part of your account. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please delete my client account. I want to retain my freelancer account. Thanks.

Hi Juanito,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Can you please delete my account as well? It seems you've purposefully altered the UI so there is no way for users to do this themselves.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anne, 

I would like to confirm that your account is now closed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rdarida
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Can you please delete my all (freelancer, ageny, client) account?

-Robert

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Róbert,

Your account was closed as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ryanwest1
Community Member

Can you also delete my client account? I am majorly a freelancer and have no use for it entirely now. I do not want to delete them both as i still work as a freelancer.

Hi Ryan,

Your client account has been closed as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Ryan,
I also want to close my client account without affecting the freelancer account.

thanks.

Hi Ahmed,

Your client profile is now closed as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sorry for that but I have created an agency account by mistake. I wonder if you can delete it cause I can't.
Thank you.

Hi Ahmed,

Your Agency account was closed as per your request. Please let us know here if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, could you please also delete my client account? (Only the client, **Edited for Community Guidelines**, not the freelance or the other client account I'm linked to). Thank you.

Hi Yisela,

I went ahead and closed the client account. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello sir,
Can you delete only my client account, please? I have the same issue

Hi Momen,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your request. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths