🐈
» Forums » Clients » Not able to download my old files related to ...
Page options
bc037c0f
Community Member

Not able to download my old files related to a current running project

Hi all,

Getting this error when i try to click/download a file related to my old project.

File is not even very old. It is dated 12/7/20.... I see a lot of people have this problem... 

Any help appreciated - its urgent.

Thanks in advance

Juk

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<script/>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>B2KMZVPXB66SC1S1</RequestId>
<HostId>Sfo0dbm9KYInTO0U3E4UZOZjqhMJLnhnk88062tkPRKfFBIIbcGyahjrMCWnCCS6t/zAo1hqR1c=</HostId>
</Error>
8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jukov,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your files. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is not a file storage service. It is not tactically correct to plan on storing files and retrieving them later from Upwork.

What a dumb comment. Upwork is clearly a collaboration platform for inter remote team work. Storing files, milestones and chat logs is crucial. Now find a topic you can actually give a valuable opinion.

It was not a dumb comment.

You are currently facing difficulties downloading a file from Upwork.

I am not.

Upwork provides a number of specific services. It is great for posting jobs, finding, hiring and paying freelancers.

Upwork is not Dropbox, iCloud, AWS, or an FTP service.

There are many excellent services that professionals use to store and retrieve files. Upwork is not intended for that purpose.

Check out similar collaboration platforms like teams and tell that to their product owner, they gonna laugh as loud about your ignorance as I do.

re: "Check out similar collaboration platforms like teams and tell that to their product owner, they gonna laugh as loud about your ignorance as I do."

Thank you for your note.

I am simply an Upwork user, like yourself.

I have no control over what features Upwork decides to offer or not offer.

I do not doubt that there are platforms and services which offer excellent file storage and file transfer features. Upwork does not offer such, nor does it claim to.

That was my point.

You may be be confusing these two things:

- Discussing what features Upwork currently has and how a user can effectively use Upwork

[versus]

- Discussing changes you would like to see Upwork make, advocating for new features, etc.

Neither does Facebook and yet you can go back 10 years and locate the video you posted. Upwork is a platform for jobs and has a historical archive of activity. It shows the files and pictures on the thread but retrieving it is another problem. This seems to be a system/userfacing glitch. You should ALWAYS have access to your projects

I find these passive-acceptance aimless comments to be obnoxious too. Apple Community is also rife with them

Latest Articles
Learning Paths