cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not getting applicants for a pretty easy job posting

Jake W Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
1 of 34

Last year I had several similar postings that got a lot of applicants, but this current post hasn't received any offers.  (I have good reviews, and I even increased the amount...)  It's set for world-wide, low experience, etc.  Any thoughts?

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
2 of 34

Jake:

Most freelancers are put off by the phrase "easy job" because it usually means the client doesn't understand what is involved in the task.

Could you show us how you described the job and then we might be able to help you better.

Community Guru
Elba A Member Since: Feb 28, 2017
3 of 34

Madonna L wrote:

Hi,

i am am looking for a job. May I know what job is this?

thanks.

This is not a professional way to apply for a job.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 34

re: "Last year I had several similar postings that got a lot of applicants, but this current post hasn't received any offers. (I have good reviews, and I even increased the amount...) It's set for world-wide, low experience, etc. Any thoughts?"

That is an interesting question.

I'll be honest: I often post jobs - sometimes very complex jobs - that I want done quickly. I can typically post a job, get responses, get the job done, and have the whole thing closed, within an hour or two - for very complicated, technical work.

I have also posted jobs that I think are relatively easy, and I have not had difficulty hiring for those jobs as well.

So I'm not sure why you are having difficulty getting people to apply to your latest job posting.

(I almost always post jobs as hourly contracts. Maybe that's a difference.)

There may not be much we can tell you unless you provide us more details:

- what kind of work?

- hourly/fixed-price?

- pay range?

5 of 34

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~010495925cdeb536e0

This has been up for over 2 weeks, with only 2 proposals (that I just now see).  Anyway, it's been a year since I've been on the site, but I had to turn plenty of offers away for similar work.  With the "hourly" factor, I get a little nervous...  Especially with a very tight budget.  Thanks for reply!

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 34

Did your posts always include the question "Willing to provide multiple revisions if necessary?"

That might be a turn-off. Also, I'm not a designer, but job looks pretty complicated for $15.

7 of 34

yeah I don't like that either, but lots of hiring overseas has often required a revision or two.  And they're almost always seeming to offer unlimited revisions.  

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 34

Jake:

I understand your concern about hourly rates, if you're on a tight budget.

But you CAN use hourly contracts while on a tight budget.

You can hire freelancers who have lower hourly rates, and pay them their hourly rate.

If you have work to be done that is easy, then you should be able to find freelancers who have lower hourly rates who are capable of doing the work.

The secret to doing this on a budget is to monitor the work they're doing closely.

Have them send you their work files after 20 minutes. Carefully review the submissions of all of the freelancers, and immediately close the contracts on anybody whose work you don't value highly.

This way you won't waste time or money on work that you can't use, and you can find the freelancers who provide you the best "bang for you buck."

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
9 of 34

I think it is a combo of issues.

#1 you only want to pay for entry level work, but the job sounds more complex than entry level

#2 you only want to pay $15

#3 you are asking for unlimited revisions

I'm not a designer, but if this job were in my category, I'd run myself.

10 of 34

I hear ya, but one of these two proposals offered to do it for only $5  - which was also commonplace with my previous jobs  (and he suggested unlimited revisions).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS