cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with the job of my freelancer

fd552405
Cindy P Member Since: Jul 8, 2018
11 of 14

Thank you for your feedback you are right actually !

joynul33
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
12 of 14

There is Milion freelancer just close the contract and rehire the best person for your project. You can hire as a paid trail then you will be able to see outcome result. Thanks!

Joynul
richardrader
Community Guru
Richard R Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
13 of 14
Sorry you had trouble with your freelancer. You've been given good feedback on what to do (close contract and find someone else). To answer your request on paying the freelancer less you can always communicate with your freelancer. Explain what you are dissatisfied with and negotiate a lesser amount. The freelancer can either agree or disagree.
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 14

There is no way for me to know how a freelancer will work out until I hire her.

What if I carefully research a freelancer's profile and portfolio and interview her?

That may give me a lot of useful information. That may improve my chances of success. But that does not guarantee anything. What if I hire a GREAT ARTIST who turns out to be not at all inspired by my briefs? Or what if she suddenly gets sick (for real) and is bedridden for months? Ot what if she simply is so good at what she does that she is hired by a wealthy patron and is no longer interested in the relatively small project I hired her for?

None of these things are acceptable excuses for a freelancer to behave in an unprofessional manner. But such is life. Personally, I spend little or no time researching and interviewing freelancers. As a client I prefer to hire quickly and evaluate the work that a freelancer actually does for me. If the freelancer isn't right for my project, I fire them as soon as I realize that.

With small projects, I see no value in spending much time interviewing and screening freelancers. For creative projects such as illustration, I hire based on portfolios. For larger, long-term hires, it will make more sense to spend some time interviewing. But clients should STILL be ready to fire freelancers if they don't work out. One of the biggest mistakes I see clients make on Upwork is continuing to pay a freelancer who is very much wrong for the project. It's like they think all possible freelancers are interchangeable and they are "hiring Upwork," which isn't the case at all. If you hire Jess and Kat... for exactly the same task... Jess might be great and Kat might be terrible. Seems like an incredibly basic concept, but too often I see clients who don't apply this principle to their own project.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS