🐈
» Forums » Clients » Not satisfied with a freelancer!
Page options
3f3bc8f3
Community Member

Not satisfied with a freelancer!

Hey,

I hired a freelancer to write me a short book. I set the due date to 07-11-18. She delivered today, so 2 weeks earlier. The book is full with grammatic issues and most of the sentences just end in weird ways or doesn't make any sense at all. It'd take me days to correct it all. All in all I'm absolutely not willing to pay any cent for that, because I could've done it way better on my own in the same time, if I had the time, but thats way I hired her right .. What can I do from here on? Just Cancel the Contract? I mean she's probably not willing to let me do that so she will dispute it... How can I proceed from here and is there any security for me to get my money back?

3 REPLIES 3
versailles
Community Member

Was it an hourly contract or a fixed rate contract?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
petra_r
Community Member

That rather depends what you paid....

You may have a genuine grievance, or you got what you paid for.

Your first port of call is the freelancer - to fix it - she has two weeks to do so.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Martin:

Close the contract and work with somebody else.

I do not advise trying to get the current freelancer to fix mistakes or make things better.

I suspect she is doing the best that she can do, and her abilities are not sufficient to meet your needs.

As for getting money back, I think trying to get money back would be a waste of your time. Your time and energy would be better spent on hiring new freelancers, reviewing their early work on the project, and then proceeding to finish the project using only those freelancers whose work you value the most.

Technically there may be ways to get some money back, though. The easiest may simply be to tell the freelancer that you will not be able to use the work that she did and ask if she would be willing to issue a 50% refund to you.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths