🐈
» Forums » Clients » Not sure if I have specifications or just a c...
Page options
3d79eb34
Community Member

Not sure if I have specifications or just a concept...

I need a wordpress (woocommerce) custom checkout plugin developed.  I know exactly what it needs to do and since I'm not a programmer myself I'll be explaining the functionality.  This makes me think that I'm working from a concept.  However, I've had web apps built in the past that really were just concepts and this is way different.  I mean, a concept seems like a vague idea but this is pretty exact as far as the function.  However, since I'm not a coder I'll not be detailing exactly how to do it.  What do you think?  Am I describing a concept or Specifications?  Or maybe nobody cares (in which case why does upwork make me choose!?!)

Thanks,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Specifications? Concept?

It doesn't really matter that much... But what you have is a concept.

The important thing is that you post a job that describes what you have and what you need. Be clear about your knowledge level and level of expertise when it comes to WordPress and woocommerce. This way you will be more likely receive proposals from the right kinds of freelancers who can work with you and with what you have.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Specifications? Concept?

It doesn't really matter that much... But what you have is a concept.

The important thing is that you post a job that describes what you have and what you need. Be clear about your knowledge level and level of expertise when it comes to WordPress and woocommerce. This way you will be more likely receive proposals from the right kinds of freelancers who can work with you and with what you have.

Kelly, unless you're afraid that someone could take your concept and turning it into a plugin for sale, you should err on the side of providing too much detail rather than too little in your job description. That way, you probably won't get many applicants who would choose not to work on your project once they get all the details.