🐈
» Forums » Clients » Notification Regarding Freelancer
Page options
c5c45fc7
Community Member

Notification Regarding Freelancer

Hi

My freelancer is currently in the middle of a job for me and I have been happy so far - things seem to be going well and the communication is good.

However I have had an email today from Upwork support, saying: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So obviously now I'm really worried and concerned about the eligibility of my freelancer and what the issue is - will it affect the project - does is mean I cannot trust what they are telling me? - and should I stop the project even though it's going well so far?

Does anyone have any experience of this? I am new to Upwork so any advice would be gratefully recieved. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand your concern, Nicki.

While we can't share details about the freelancer's account for privacy reasons, please ask them to communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account.

I'll follow up with our team regarding this case and they'll reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c5c45fc7
Community Member

I assume the issue relates to me as a client, otherwise surely it wouldnt be necessary to contact me with the issue?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicki,

Yes, our team will assist you with this concern and your contract. You should be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Nicki H wrote:

I assume the issue relates to me as a client, otherwise surely it wouldnt be necessary to contact me with the issue?

It's possible you hired a fraud.

c5c45fc7
Community Member

Yes its possible but unfortunately I am not being given any information at all! Its very worrying and I don't know what the best thing to do is. If it is a case of fraud then I need to take action straight away to protect myself: The freelancer has login details for my web / hosting account and if he is dishonest i need to take action to change passwords etc. However if the issue is not that bad and just a simple matter then I do not want to stop the project, which seemed to be going well.

Why will no-one clarify this for me? 

lysis10
Community Member

Nicki H wrote:

Yes its possible but unfortunately I am not being given any information at all! Its very worrying and I don't know what the best thing to do is. If it is a case of fraud then I need to take action straight away to protect myself: The freelancer has login details for my web / hosting account and if he is dishonest i need to take action to change passwords etc. However if the issue is not that bad and just a simple matter then I do not want to stop the project, which seemed to be going well.

Why will no-one clarify this for me? 

No, they won't give you info on someone else's account. You'll know it's something small if the freelancer gets the account back. If not, then it could be anything but probably didn't pass profile verification. Only other reason Upwork would kill an account is if they take payment off platform.

c5c45fc7
Community Member

Guess I will just have to wait for Upwork to respond. Strange because the email was marked URGENT but there doesn't seem to be much happening! Smiley Frustrated

Latest Articles
Learning Paths