🐈
» Forums » Clients » OK, I'm Done Here
Page options
d3d571ad
Community Member

OK, I'm Done Here

I came here to post a bright new shiny job and saw this notice:  "Financial transactions for **edited for Community Guidelines** have been limited."

So I went to billing and saw that my c card had expired.  I updated all the information with a new expiration date, checked my email for verification from UW, click, click,  and all looked good.

But the message persists and I can't post the job.  

I go to "Customer Support", what a joke...a bot.

Nothing but unrelated responses and then finally an advisement to clear my cache/browser.
Did that, logged back in and the same message persisted about my financial limitations.
Checked my billing section again and all updated with new card verified.
Nope, can't post a new job.

Who needs this hassle when there's **edited for Community Guidelines**t?
How stupid is UpWork for making it hard for me to give them money????  

This site is exactly as it is portrayed on sites like Sitejabber for it's sorry and clumsy customer support.

Buh-bye

13 REPLIES 13
d3d571ad
Community Member

LOL!  "Edited for Community Guidelines"

What a joke...That's not profanity I posted, folks.

It's the competition.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles, 

I responded to your post here. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. When I checked your account, I didn't see any payment method added to it. I would like to confirm if you've removed the payment method just recently?

Edit to add: I had to edit your post because we have Community Guidelines to adhere to when posting in the Community. I've asked the Customer Support Team to look into your account. If you can share more details with me, I'll make sure to include it in my report. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Clients really ought to be able to contact CS easily, and not have to cope with the bot. Upwork needs to do away with this ridiculous feature. It simply does not work.

@Nichola L wrote:

Clients really ought to be able to contact CS easily, and not have to cope with the bot. Upwork needs to do away with this ridiculous feature. It simply does not work.

+ 1  -  Upwork, please, please, please don't treat clients this way. Making clients deal with that (ridiculous) bot, or come to the forum for customer support is just bad business. Where is the sense in this? While we'd all like better customer support, clients especially should not have to jump through hoops.

It's a rather pointless plea, isn't it? Someone from Upwork should come back to this thread and address the OP's feedback. But I won't hold my breath.

d3d571ad
Community Member

Yes, after I tried several times to post a job, and all I could get was an
error message saying UW had a financial limit on my account, I removed my
credit card info completely.

Doesn't matter anyway, I found great candidates through Craigslist and the
guy is doing a great job. Cost me $5 and cost him nothing.

atanasov_nikolay
Community Member

Yes..Upwork has the worst support I have witnessed during the last 10 years on the web ever period!

Supposedly Upwork's focus is on Clients rather than on Freelancers.  IMO (and I'm confident numerous others' as well) for the overall, continued good of all they need to reflect and adjust their focus regarding both Clients and Freelancers.  It really isn't nor should it be rocket science.

As a freelancer, I recognize that all of my earnings on Upwork come from clients.

I want clients to have a good experience when they come here. When a client wants to post a job here, I want things to go smoothly. I want things to work.

If the client needs help, I want her to have access to great customer service.

As a freelancer, I am expected to be a professional who knows how to use the site. New freelancers can read help documents and use the Community Forum to have their questions answered. If limited customer support resources need to be allocated, I want them to go towards taking care of clients first and foremost.

re: "Doesn't matter anyway, I found great candidates through Craigslist and the guy is doing a great job. Cost me $5 and cost him nothing."

I really appreciate this client's note. This is something to consider:

This client tried to use Upwork, which offers its services for free, and had a bad experience.

Then he tried posting the same job on Craigslist, which charged him $5.00 to post the job. Yet even though he had to pay to use their service, he regards that as a far superior experience.

@Pat M wrote:

Supposedly Upwork's focus is on Clients rather than on Freelancers.  IMO (and I'm confident numerous others' as well) for the overall, continued good of all they need to reflect and adjust their focus regarding both Clients and Freelancers.  It really isn't nor should it be rocket science.

In clarification as to what I was referring to in my earlier post I sincerely believe UW should consider how they treat both Clients and Freelancers and adjust in a way whereby both are treated more positively.

re: "...and adjust in a way whereby both are treated more positively."

Agreed.

As long as clients are treated more positively.

Because happy clients pay me money.

Signed,

a freelancer.

@Preston H wrote:

re: "...and adjust in a way whereby both are treated more positively."

Agreed.

As long as clients are treated more positively.

Because happy clients pay me money.

Signed,

a freelancer.

Preston, I understand that you believe that Clients should be treated more positively than Freelancers.  As we both know, some Clients;as some Freelancers, are more deserving of positive treatment than others.

That truth aside, without BOTH Clients AND Freelancers Upwork would not exist.  Freelancers are Upwork's best assets.  Very simplistically stated:  Happy Freelancers = Happy Clients = Successful Upwork.

Upwork could most definitely learn how to improve and strengthen their business by reading/listening to both Clients' and Freelancers' complaints and suggestions to a greater extent than they appear to do so.  For example, if they'd take what the Client posters of this thread have stated more seriously than at least we're aware that they're taking it, at the very least improvements could be made which would result in future Clients not experiencing the same negative issues.   

iaabraham
Community Member

@Charles W wrote:

I go to "Customer Support", what a joke...a bot.

Nothing but unrelated responses and then finally an advisement to clear my cache/browser.

Charles, this is all most of them know. I don't know who to be more mad at: CS representatives or the people who "train" them. It's infuriating so I just avoid them as much as possible and post here.

Upwork needs to wake up -- I'm sure they lose a lot of clients and freelancers over issues like this, except that many others don't go through the bother of posting their experience in the forums.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths