cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers & Acceptance - New Contract Room

Anthony G Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
1 of 2

I'm sure other clients have this issue...

I'm VERY happy to see the new consolidation in the "Contract Room" today - thank you. However there is still one omission, and that is having quick/easy access to the REAL contract "terms" - (rather than, or in addition to, the job description).

What Upwork defines as "Contract Terms" is just a repost of the original job description. What I believe are "terms" is the contents of the OFFER instead.

Because negotiations w/ freelancers can be very different for the same job posting (depending on talent, rates, timing, etc.), it's not logical to assume that the Job Description is the "terms." Instead, the Offer (and subsequent acceptance) are the terms.

Yes... the offer/acceptance is contained within the contract messaging - but I believe both parties to the contract need one-click access to refer back to the offer/acceptance. The need to refer to the offer/acceptance comes up very regularly. It would be ideal to add the contents of the offer (if/when accepted) to the terms section.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm glad to hear you like the new Contract Room overall and I'll share your thoughts about Contract Terms with the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS