🐈 Community
e35f3f36

Only 1 charge to verify my account

I am a new user. I have put in a proposal and I have someone to hire. But, Upwork will not let me hire until my payment method is verified. One charge came through yesterday, but so far there is not a second charge and the verify screen requires two charges. When will the second charge come through?

3 REPLIES 3
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seth,

I see your billing method was debited for the two small charges yesterday, could you please check and confirm?

Untitled
petra_r

@Seth K wrote:

I am a new user. I have put in a proposal and I have someone to hire. But, Upwork will not let me hire until my payment method is verified. One charge came through yesterday, but so far there is not a second charge and the verify screen requires two charges. When will the second charge come through?

As the 2 verification charges add up to exactly $ 10, you only need one of them to show up because you can figure out what the other one must be, by deducting whatever you have been charged already from $ 10.00

So if you were charged (for example) $ 2.87 you know for a fact that the other one MUST be $ 7.13 as that is the only number that makes $ 10.00 exactly when added to $ 2.87.

Pay attention to the description in your online statement if you are paying in currencies other than US Dollars, the description should give the US Dollar amounts.

Kudos to Petra. @UpWork this is not very user freindly

Learning Paths