🐈
» Forums » Clients » Option for recurring fixed price payment?
Page options
9983de50
Community Member

Option for recurring fixed price payment?

I want to hire my freelancer for a fixed set of hours every week - i.e. a "fixed work time" not a "weekly limit".

Why would I like to do this?

Because freelancers tend to appear for fewer hours than allowed in the weekly limit, and I intend to increase their commitment by paying a fixed amount every week.

→  I want to discourage freelancers from "getting paid for hours they work", but encourage them to "work the hours I pay".

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to look into the weekly payment option. When you make an offer, you can add a recurring Weekly Payment amount, which will be added to your invoice each Monday. You'll see this option under Advanced Options on the offer form. Important to know:

• Weekly Payments are a great option if you want to set up a recurring weekly payment on top of the hours a freelancer adds to their Work Diary, or if you just want to pay your freelancer a set amount each week and not require the Work Diary
  • The Weekly Payment amount is billed every week in addition to any hours billed from your freelancer's Work Diary
  • It is also billed every week even if your freelancer has not logged any hours in their Work Diary

The only way to use recurring weekly payments as the sole billing method for a contract is to set the hourly limit for a freelancer's Work Diary to zero. You can find more information in his help article

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jr-translation
Community Member

You could set a weekly retainer, but that does not force the freelancer to work, but guarantees the FL gets paid even when not working at all.

Keep in mind that you are working with FREElancers. You can not really force them to work only replace them with other  freelancers.

NikolaS

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to look into the weekly payment option. When you make an offer, you can add a recurring Weekly Payment amount, which will be added to your invoice each Monday. You'll see this option under Advanced Options on the offer form. Important to know:

• Weekly Payments are a great option if you want to set up a recurring weekly payment on top of the hours a freelancer adds to their Work Diary, or if you just want to pay your freelancer a set amount each week and not require the Work Diary
  • The Weekly Payment amount is billed every week in addition to any hours billed from your freelancer's Work Diary
  • It is also billed every week even if your freelancer has not logged any hours in their Work Diary

The only way to use recurring weekly payments as the sole billing method for a contract is to set the hourly limit for a freelancer's Work Diary to zero. You can find more information in his help article

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths