🐈
» Forums » Clients » Over budget and still wrong
Page options
c0f3df70
Community Member

Over budget and still wrong

Some time ago I hired a person to do some API integration. He was over budget and when I checked his work he was integrating with the wrong service. I cought it but he said he would only fix his mistake of I payed more.

I declined and payed someone else to do it right.

Now I'm getting emails from a debt collector. I'm wondering if there is anything to do with upwork to fix this.
4 REPLIES 4
rahatur
Community Member

Alexander, here are two question for you:

- You had a window of a week or two before you approve any payment. Did you not check the work before the payment went through? Upwrok has this system in place to protect the clients.

- How can a freelancer go beyond your budget if the project is milestone based or if you had checked the daily logs (for the hourly jobs)?

c0f3df70
Community Member

It was hourly which would have been fine as I got quated I small figure. The payment never went through. I did check the logs and noticed that they when over by alot. I closed the project when I noticed this so they couldn't log more time. The person amitted that it was their fault but wanted more money to fix it.

Upwork emailed me and I explained this. Now upwork seems to have hired a debt collector.

Hi Alexander,

I can see that you have an open ticket about this and since private details are involved please post all of your questions on your ticket and our team will assist you further, you can access your tickets on this Link.
When a freelancers logs time on your contract you will have 5 days review period to dispute the hours logged or accept them, example: the review period for last week will start today and will end on Friday. You can check out this Help Article to learn more about our hourly protection for clients.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Alexander M wrote:
It was hourly which would have been fine as I got quated I small figure. The payment never went through.

Upwork emailed me and I explained this. Now upwork seems to have hired a debt collector.

You owe Upwork the money for the hours so yes, they will be wanting to collect it. When you hire someone for an hourly contract they get paid the hours they logged unless you go down the dispute route, which you clearly did not.

So Upwork paid the freelancer and expects you to pay them what you owe under the terms you agreed to.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths