🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Over payment to freelancer
Page options
42d2027c
Community Member

Over payment to freelancer

Hello

Upwork charged me $45 when I actually paid the client the actual amount via bonus payment. I have spoken to the freelancer and has no problem I get refunded.

Intially we agreed on $30 but I think mistake from my side I used the $25 / hr of which I was supposed to choose the one time project fee. So I paid the $30 of which he did a good job but upwork deducted extra $45.

How do I request the $45 refund?

Regards

Sharon

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sharon,

Every Monday you will be charged for the time tracked in the previous week. I checked your contract and can confirm that your freelancer has tracked time with our desktop app. That is the reason for the additional charge. 
I would suggest communicating further with your freelancer about receiving a refund for the extra charge/s. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thanks for the email . Do you mind checking our  coversation because he said he received the 

$30 which he was fine with. I explained it was an accident from myside. Did he also get the $45 ?

Regards

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

The $45 is in the review period in the moment which lasts until Friday. During this period you can also dispute them. After 10 days the funds will become available to your freelancer. They will also be able to issue a refund for the $45 once the are available on their account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths