🐈
» Forums » Clients » PR clients asking for my media contacts
Page options
briankennedy32
Community Member

PR clients asking for my media contacts

People looking for PR work that ask for examplesof your media contacts in job posting. I am compelled to flag such people to the admins. But I'd rather just remind fellow PR freelancers to realize that if this person gets 10 people to send 25 contacts - well that's a hell of a list of contacts that they just got for free. Be careful. These are our contacts. I will not send even after an initial conversation.

1 REPLY 1
a_lipsey
Community Member

Brian K wrote:

People looking for PR work that ask for examplesof your media contacts in job posting. I am compelled to flag such people to the admins. But I'd rather just remind fellow PR freelancers to realize that if this person gets 10 people to send 25 contacts - well that's a hell of a list of contacts that they just got for free. Be careful. These are our contacts. I will not send even after an initial conversation.

I've never had a PR consultant actually share their list with me. They will report how many contacts they sent to and the publication/outlet, but until they get a hit, they don't typically give me actual contact info. To me that's a blatant scam that they want to just steal your contact list - which is a terrible strategy anyhow because just sending pitches to a list of contacts they never networked with is sort of pointless. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths