🐈
» Forums » Clients » Pakistani Client's-Payment methods for freela...
Page options
rabia-mahfooz
Community Member

Pakistani Client's-Payment methods for freelancers

Hey!

Are there any Pakistani clients here who own a client profile on a Upwork? If yes, then I need to know which payment method you use to pay freelancers?
Also, it would be great if you could mention which bank's debit or credit card you use as your payment method.

I have tried using HBL,MCB and Standard Chartered debit cards and HBL Gold Credit Card to hire and pay a freelancer but every time I log in a error pops up and I can't hire start a contract subsequently. Nothing helped, contacted Upwork, they receive a 005 code of "Do not honour" from the bank whereas the bank representative said that they are receiving "Inccorect input data" message from the site.

So it would be great if anyone of you could tell me which Pakistani bank's credit or debit card is working for paying freelancers?

Thank you
28 REPLIES 28
mohsinraza76
Community Member

Hi,

Yes Pakistani bank's credit or debit card is working for paying freelancers.

Direct bank transferred will cut 1 $ per transfer.

Thanks

Sorry 0.9$/ transfer

Mohsin but how to pay from pakistan because upwork only accepts credit card and paypal .

Hi Ijaz,

I see here that you already chatted with our team about this. Please refer to the instructions provided by the team member so that you can resolve this. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ea82dcc
Community Member

i am from PAKISTAN but when i tried to hire freelancer by using debit master card message appears invalid billing method 

plz suggest me i want to hire freelancer on urgent basis

Hi,

You cannot use debit card for hiring of a freelancer. You would need to add
a credit card as s payment method in order to hire the freelancer.

Can you tell which bank's credit card upwork is accepted ? for Client's  account.

Thank You
Hasnain Azhar

Hi Hasnain,

Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Joanne,

i am freelancer on upwork, this is my first project i have input my hours in timesheet but dont know how to with draw money, neither i have not given any bank account information on upwork. and which platform is more suitable to withdraw money.

Please advsie.

thanks

Asma

Hi Asma,

You can check out these helpful articles to learn more about payment options available on Upwork. In order to withdraw funds, the funds need to be in the 'Available' section of your Reports page, have a W8BEN form filled out, and a valid payment method.

Please keep in mind that manual time is not protected under our hourly payment protection program.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Cards are not working not connecting with account

elatesoft
Community Member

How upwork will pay pakistani freelancer. How much is the deduction per transaction. Thanks.

Hi Sikander,

Once you have received the funds you will need to set up one of our Get Paid Options to be able to withdraw your funds.
To learn more about our Freelancer Service Fees check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork
a61f7113
Community Member

Hello rabia.
I need to know that is your problem solved bcoz I'm facing the same problem. I have added HBL and MCB debit cards but they are not working and they say thay they have blocked upwork transaction. Now what is the alternative of this i don't have paypal.

Debit cards are not working. In my case, I applied for HBL credit card and was able to set it as payment method. So, you can use credit card of any bank. They'll work, but you'd have to activate the session everytime you decide to pay a freelancer and deactivate the session once you are done. HBL works this way, card activation is required for such transactions. 

Thanks Rabia.
Yes i think this is the last option we can do.
Kindly can you tell me the process of verifying credit card is the same as debit card or it is different?

Yes, same process. Just call your bank's toll free number 111 etc and activate the session for payment, you can also tell them to deactivate it after 2 hours or so. 

Can i use my uncle's credit card? He has allowed me to use it so is it possible to use some.one else credit card? You have any information regarding this?

I used my mother’s credit card once. But I’d suggest you to message customer service on Upwork and tell them regarding your situation and that you will be using that card on your system with the permission of your uncle.

Because before using my mother’s credit card I contacted Upwork and notified them about it that If I can use it or not and I was allowed to use it. But just to be on the safe side, contact Upwork and tell them your scenario.

Hello rabai.
I used my uncle's MCB credit card but i was not able to authorize it. I called the bank and they said that state bank has closed all the transactions with upwork. So now I'm confused what should i do. I have to give my freelancer payment and now i don't have any other option. Kindly can any one guide me regarding this issue.

Did you contact with customer support of Upwork? They can assist you better. I used the credit card few months back so I am not sure about the State Bank Issue. Kindly contact Upwork regarding this issue and tell them that the State Bank of Pakistan has suspended payment services for Upwork and other freelancing services.

I am sure they will assist you.

Yes i contacted the upwork team they said that contact your bank regarding this issue. I called my bank and they said that state bank has closed these transac. Upwork team said this time they have only these payment methods and they can not do any thing regarding this.

Hmm then unfortunately I guess you have no option. I suggested Upwork to add Payoneer as payment method a while ago but I don’t think so it’s available.

You can ask any relative or friend living abroad and use their card instead with their permission as last option.

Usama Mcb Credit card is prepaid that's why it is rejecting every time

Thanks for your kind response...!
hassaniqbalno5
Community Member

i also tried muny of cards but no one is working

What is the latest payment method/solution to this problem?

I have tried Alfalah and Allied bank debit card both dont work, can any one give the solution, if credit card work which banks credit cards work.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths