cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial payment of milestone. Is it still possible?

Highlighted
Francesco B Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
1 of 5

Hello, is it still possible to pay only part of a milestone? If I click on "Pay" on a milestone will I get the option the define the actual sum to pay or I will immediately release the entire amount?

Is this answer still valid?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Yes. You may pay ANY amount.

Full amount.

Double.

Triple.

Half.

One dollar.

Zero.

Anything.

When you click to pay, you may edit amount.

If you want to pay less than the full amount of the milestone, the freelancer will be asked to confirm.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 5

Hi Francesco, 

When you release a milestone payment to a freelancer, you have the option of releasing more or less than the full amount. You may read more about it here.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Francesco B Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
4 of 5

I'm sorry but this information doesn't seem to apply to my case. I don't have a button "Review & Pay". I have a "Pay" button and after I click it I cannot edit the sum to release. I can only click on "Pay".Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 8.18.54 am.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-06 at 8.18.34 am.png

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 5

Hi Francesco, 

Once you're in your Contract room, please select the ''Milestones & Payments'' tab, then click on the ''Review & Pay'' button. There, under the Payment section, click on the ''Approve & Pay'' button which will open the pop-up window for you where you can use the pencil icon to edit the amount you'd like to release to freelancer. 

I hope this helped.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS