🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Password Reset Not Being Sent
Page options
87d9a450
Community Member

Password Reset Not Being Sent

I forgot my password on my other account, and for some reason the password reset is not getting sent to my inbox (yes, I checked spam).

I don't know if it's because my email is an alias to another email, since I can receive emails to it.

Is there any other way I can have it reset? Strangely enough the reset password worked for this account, but not that one. I tried this morning and now and still nothing.

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
colettelewis
Community Member

@Proof D wrote:

I forgot my password on my other account, and for some reason the password reset is not getting sent to my inbox (yes, I checked spam).

I don't know if it's because my email is an alias to another email, since I can receive emails to it.

Is there any other way I can have it reset? Strangely enough the reset password worked for this account, but not that one. I tried this morning and now and still nothing.

Thanks

What other account? You are only allowed one account on Upwork.

They're for different users in our organization. The other one is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hello, a team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the issue you are having.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi. I am also getting the exact problem. Can I please seek assistance too? I've been resetting my password for several times already but the email is not received. I have also checked my spam and trash folders.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Larissa, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm having the same problem with my freelance account. I've tried numerous ways to try to have the reset link sent to my email, but none have worked.
It seems that this is the only way that I'm able to contact Upwork support.
Would like someone to help me.
Thank you.

Hi Theodore,

Could you please send me a PM with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The password reset is not working. I've tried for past hour+ and it's not in junk or spam or anywhere.

I've had to create a new account to be able to send a message in the forum for help.  That's silly. If we can't login with our accounts, how would we be able to post a problem with that account?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi N, 

It looks like you were able to login to your account already. To comply with the Upwork Terms of Service, kindly close this account where you are posting from to avoid violating the ToS. 

Let me know if you need further assistance with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I forgot my password on my other account, and for some reason the password reset is not getting sent to my inbox (yes, I checked spam). Is there any other way I can have it reset? Strangely enough the reset password worked for this account, but not that one. I tried this morning and now and still nothing. Thanks

Hi Sharlyn,

Could you please share your other account details via PM so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 

Unfortunately i forgot my password and i can't seen to receive the email that will allow me to reset it, I've already check the spam and been trying to send the email a few times already, is there anything that I missed to do during the process?

Looking forward to your response;)

Thank you!

Hi Hanzel, 

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, Fortunately , I've already fixed the issue 😉
Thank you for your time!

Thanks for letting us know, Hanzel. One of our agents has already sent you an email. Feel free to post any questions on the ticket if you need any assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0fb9cb01
Community Member

I'm having this exact issue. I've had to create a new account just to reply here. 

I've been with Upwork since it was Elance and have spent significant money with them over the years. 

I am not getting the password reset emails through. I have contacted support and they have a support ticket for me but there is no urgency and they no longer reply to me. I really need access to my account back to get work done. 

When I open new support tickets to get this moving they just close them. They do not reply to my main support ticket. It feels like they have kicked me out of my account and are doing nothing to help me recover it. I'm looking to Fiver as an alternative simply because I cannot use Upwork and they are not helping me to resolve the problem. 

Posting here is a cry for help, I really want to continue using Upwork and I have a contract with a freelancer, I have work to send him but I cannot even message him. 

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about all that. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gomez_maria_cris
Community Member

Hi, I sent a request to reset my security question. Upwork said it was sent to my email address but up until now, I haven't received any email. I even checked the spam mail but there is also no email.

Can anyone help me, please? 

Thank you

Maria Cristina

Hi Maria,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your security question. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f9e93b77
Community Member

Hi, I have a similar issue. The letter to reset security question is not being sent. However, the letter for password reset is working correctly. 

Hi Denis,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? You can also check this article for more information on recovering your login information.

Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f9e93b77
Community Member

I tried both ways, same outcome. The issue is that I do know the password, but cannot log in since final login step is guarded by security question. My wild guess that to trigger sending email you have to be logged in.

Hi Denis,

Thank you for following up. I've just informed the team about your case and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6ea7ae9b
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with one of my coworker's accounts. We are trying to reset the password to the account and we don't get an email to that email address for resetting. Please help.

Hi Shania,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and have the account password reset. Please be reminded and advise your coworker that they should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

Also note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account. Please have them reach out by following these steps.

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths