cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Question

5074f418
Catherine B Member Since: May 16, 2016
1 of 4

How much should I pay someone (fixed price) to convert a 1.9 MB PDF to a Kindle ready document?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

Catherine:

There are no set rates for getting things done on Upwork.

If I personally wanted this project done, I would post a job describing what needs to be done. I would clearly indicate that I will provide the source PDF file to any qualified contractors so they can look it before bidding.

I would put a $500 placeholder rate into the budget field.

And in the job description I would say:

"I put $500 as a placeholder rate. I do not know how much this will cost to do. Please do not bid $500. I will not consider contractors who bid $500. I wll consider contractors who bid more than that, and I will be particularly interested in contractors who bid less than that."

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 4

Good answer -

Perhaps there is an equivilant to EFA rates for writers and editors  http://www.the-efa.org/res/rates.php  ?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

You really can't equate the size of a PDF file to how long it will take to convert it to a Kindle format file.

Is this a relatively short PDF document with lots of illustrations? Is the page formatting complext? Is there a table of contents? An index?

There are a lot of factors which could wildly change the complexity of the process.

A contractor would be wise to NOT accept this contract as a fixed-price contract unless she first has a chance to examine the PDF file.

Otherwise, a wise contractor would ONLY work on this project on an hourly basis.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS